"Rainie Stacey Brooke, you there? Hello?" I heard Joanne's voice calling me from my world of thoughts, while nudging my arm roughly. Suddenly, I felt a hot breath fannning against my ear which whispered something muffling I couldn't comprehend. And that was it when I was clearly awoken from my thoughts processing. When I found Joanne staring at me with a ridicule expression on her face and Jarrell sitting a few inches away from me, a mini heart attack sent my heart skipping a few beats. 

"Urm, hi," I smiled sheepishly and waved to Joanne and Jarrell.

"What on earth were you thinking about? You were staring at the table so hard I swore the table almost split into half with your eye power," She exaggerated. I chuckled lightly, keeping myself from bursting out loud all because the school's heartthrob is right beside me, not doing anything and just looking at me. "What?" I asked.

"Nothing, just." I could see his cheeks blushing to a faint pink. He lowered his head and scratched his hair messily, and at the corner of my eye I spotted Joanne winking at me enthusiasically. I immediately flushed in embarrassment. "Oh right, I have something on later, got to go now!" Joanne lied, "Have fun, you two!" With that, my best friend ditched me and left the canteen.

Okay, so let me get the picture right. I am having some alone time with Prince Charming now. What the hecking hell? Breathe, Rainie, breathe. You aren't going to fall for him and his handsome face. You know, he actually went through plastic surgery to fix that crooked nose and the dented jaw on his face.

Lies.

"You okay?" He asked sweetly, his voice as mesmering as ever.

"Y-eahh. Why are you here?" I giggled awkwardly.

"Uh...do you have something on later?" He asked, fiddling his thumbs nervously.

"Nope," I replied in confusion as to what he had said. In fiction books, it normally meant that the guy was asking the girl for a date. Was that what he was trying to mean? Asking me out on a date? But no ever freaking way! Reality check, even though I'm not The Nerd now but that doesn't mean I can get so close to the jock to even have a meal. That would never happen in probably, my whole life.

Oh my, I must have been kidding myself. 

"So I'll see you at five later?" He suggested and stood up from the canteen bench. When I didn't reply him promptly, he then said, "I'll take your silence as a yes then." He smiled broadly showing his set of pearly white teeth, "Oh yes, wear a dress too." That was the last thing he whispered to me before exiting the canteen leaving me speechless.

"Jo, if someone asks you if you have something on later, what is he trying to say?" I consulted the love expert Joanne on the phone.

"Oh my god oh my god," She squealed in delight, "Jarrell said that to you?!"

"No...yes...no...." I mumbled softly. That's right, I just had to tell her . Pardon my inability of keeping secrets, but I don't think I can afford to lose my head for not telling her. Besides, it's hard to keep things from your best friend, isn't it? "I can't believe it! This is actually happening!" She squeaked in excitement.

"Stop the drama Jo," I sighed at her reaction, "It's just a date. Nothing sexual, physical, the limit is just having a meal together." My calm and nonchalant reply was ironically contradictive from how my body reacted to this total new thing; my heart beating unsteadily and loud, my palms being sweaty and the entire state of mind being in a tizzy. Peanut shells, my first ever date with my crush! Holy, is this for real? 

"What do you mean, just a date?! Are you seriously out of your mind?!" I heard Joanne shrieking hysterically into the phone, "For goodness sake, you're not even aware of how lucky you are now!"