S

"I heard all your lies echoing throughout every room

And I learned my lesson well, cut ties to all I've owned..."

___________

"He what?!" growled Jean from his place on the matching loveseat. His fingers digging into the arm of it.

"H-Hey, I'm sure it's just a misunderstanding," Marco tried to reason, a hand on your shoulder. But you shook your head furiously.

"I looked through his phone," you sniffled, looking at the ceiling to try and stop your tears. "There were texts from a lot of other girls; Lexi, Bianca, Kit, Vivian...I don't remember all of their names, but those were the ones with the most texts. H-He told them I was st-stupid and naïve. That I didn't even suspect a thing! But I've known, I've nown for so long...he didn't hide it well at all! I jus– I just didn't want to admit it..."

"I'll beat the shit out of him," spat Jean, his left eye twitching as he glared at nothing in particular.

You'd known Jean for a while, he was a close friend. But you didn't want him tied up in this – plus you were pretty sure that Levi would beat the living hell out of him if he tried anything.

"Jean, no, please – I – it's fine," you insisted, looking at him. "I – I don't want him hurting you!"

Jean's glare turned to you, the words twisting in his mind. "Did he ever hurt you?! Did he ever –"

"No – no! Levi's a cheat, but not abusive. It's just – I – I know him, Jean. He's – He's really strong, even with how short he is I'm sure he could take you down."

"But you can't just let him –" Jean yelled, throwing his hands up. All you could do was glare at him in return.

"Yes, I can!" you spat, "I still love him, Jean. Even if he did cheat, I could never ever doing anything that would hurt him in anyway – I'm sure he doesn't even care that I'm gone. He probably doesn't even care enough to look for me – not that I want him to. I don't think I'd be strong enough to stand there and tell him didn't want him."

"You can stay here as long as you need to," Marco said, cutting in before Jean could upset you more. You gave him a sad smile.

"I'm going to get a shower," you sniffed, "I feel disgusting knowing I had sex with him before I left."

A shocked, appalled look crossed Jean's features, while a light pink tint appeared on Marco's. But the freckled boy said nothing as he stood and went off to find you a towel.

"Don't give me that look, Jean," you muttered, rolling your drying eyes. "I couldn't help myself. And it's not exactly like I planned on leaving today, just like I didn't plan to have sex! – it just kind of happened."

When Marco returned, you gratefully took the towel and then scrounged around for clothes and toiletries in your suitcases before taking to the bathroom. 

______________

"Why it took so long to let go

I guess I'll never know..."