"Thanks," I uttered lowly, trying to avoid her gaze as she gave me a tight-lipped smile and nodded in acknowledgement.

   "No problem," she responded before carrying off her own gloves and stepping into the ring.

  I watched her for a couple of minutes as I rested my muscles, sipping on my water. She was training with one of our most skilled trainers, doing kickboxing with him. She was quite good to be honest; I just wondered why on earth did I not see her fight like this whenever we had a mission. She caught me staring, my intense gaze catching her off guard, causing her to lose focus and get hit when the trainer's foot crashed into her face. The sight was humorous, making me chuckle light-heartedly.

  She scowled at me, rubbing her jaw before holding her fists up in front of her face and starting again. This time I set my water bottle down and headed to the speed bag in the side of the training room. I set my bottle down, and tugged my tank top over my head, tossing it onto the bench nearby, as I was feeling too sweaty and warm in it. I adjusted the tape on my knuckles before facing the bag with my feet apart at about shoulder width.

  With my arms raised up, fists up at chin level and my elbows parallel to the ground; I swung my fists. They moved in small circles, striking the belly of the bag with every hit. My fists gradually built up a strong rhythm before starting to speed up a little until my fists were a blur and the sound of my fists hitting the bag resonated in my ears.

  Boxing helped me to forget about her for a while, even though I didn't want to, I had to. It was taking over my mind and body, I couldn't sleep because of the thoughts, I was moping around all day. I was antsy and I felt like I was going a bit insane. Jade suggested for me to do some exercise or boxing, and I agreed. After having a couple of those 'dreams' I found myself wanting to escape my own mind for just a few hours. It was refreshing, not having to think about finding Scarlett for just some time.

  After about two and a half hours of boxing and intense working out, I headed back to the apartments. I knew there was no point heading straight to the conference room to help out with finding the location because they were probably gonna chase me out again. I might as well occupy myself with something else to do and just wait till I get the message that we have received the location and time to meet Andrei at.

  Deciding to take a shower, I headed straight to the bathroom. My curls blocked my vision when I tugged my shirt over my head. I stripped out of my clothes and stepped into the shower, immediately being greeted with memories of showering with Scarlett. It was getting painful and frustrating now, all these little things that seemed to remind me of Scarlett. So in this case, I tried to make my shower as quick as possible before I start having random 'dreams' again, like I did in the tub.

~-~

  My fingers brushed the tops of the vinyl covers of the CDs as I gazed at them. These were the ones from Scarlett's box. A few days after Scarlett got me the vinyl player for my birthday, I went out and bought a couple of vinyls of her favorite artists. Artists such as The Neighbourhood, The 1975, Hozier, Panic At The Disco! and more Arctic Monkeys vinyls. She was so happy that day, she literally squealed. It made my heart burst, and my smile grow so wide. I love seeing her so happy.

  My box obviously had my own vinyls, the ones she bought me, and more. We had a growing collection; it was like our thing, if that was a thing. The vinyls tended to get dusty sometimes, so I spent the rest of the afternoon cleaning them out. As I carefully put Scarlett's vinyls back into her customized box, a piece of paper fell from the opening of one of the vinyls. It was from the 'I Love You' vinyl, by The Neighbourhood. I noticed it was a drawing, a slight smile curving into my lips at it. There were always random sketches of hers stuffed into different places of the house. She was always drawing something when she was bored.