070☠

I actually decided to updated because I love updating and seeing your comments make me happy and I really need some cheering up RN cuz life sucks ass.

anyways, this isn't a very happy chapter either so I'm sorry 😅

Movie 🎥 The Avengers

READ A/N AT THE END PLS

~T

✖️✖️✖️

S C A R L E T T 💣

3 more days later...

It's been five days since the death of my mother, and I had made no attempt in changing my behavior. No attempt in melting the bitter cold that had settled into my heart, which still didn't quite manage to numb the guilt and pain. Part of me was still trying to figure out the reasons for why I was acting the way I was. The reasons just made me resent myself more.

I made a promise to myself on the day I became an official member of Valkyrie. A promise that I would never succumb to killing another human being, no matter how much that person deserved it. Killing someone out of self-defense is somewhat justifiable, as it would be for me. I shot my own mother to save Harry. The idea tormented me, even though I was successful in protecting Harry just like I had always wanted. It killed me to know that I was now a killer. What shattered me more was the fact that it was my mother who was my first victim.

I sucked in a sharp breath when the kitchen knife suddenly sliced the skin of my finger, ripping me from my dark thoughts. I was trying to cook to get my mind off some things, but obviously it wasn't working out. Cursing to myself, I held my bleeding finger under a running tap, washing away the blood. My ears perked up at the sound of a lock unlocking before a front door opening. Harry was home.

Lately he was transferring his frustration and hurt to boxing, using the sport as a technique to release his emotions effectively. I wish I could say it hurt me to see him so disheartened with how I was acting. It was as if everything had changed. I had almost begun to forget how happy he looked when he smiled that beautiful charming grin of his, or what it felt like to have his sweet cherry lips on mine. All sources of comfort that was usually provided by him were long gone due to my stubbornness in releasing my true feelings.

Thoughts like these floated through my head as I watched him enter the apartment with a somber look. His weary green eyes met mine briefly before they flitted down to my wounded finger. The cut was deep and was still bleeding, annoyingly enough. Seconds later Harry was already by my side with a worried look etched onto his face.

"What happened," he whispered, taking my small hands into his large ones and studying the wound carefully.

The close proximity of our bodies had my mind going blank for a second, too overwhelmed to say anything in protest. Instead I let him lead me to the sink again, just to run my finger under the tap once again gently. I swallowed thickly at how I could feel his body heat practically radiating off of him. My eyes darted upwards to study him while he was washing my wound, noticing how his curls were damp in a clean and not sweaty way. He must've used the showers in the training room, something he had started to do recently.

My breath hitched in my throat when his gaze suddenly met mine, intense green eyes burning into my alert umber ones. I bit my lip nervously, unsure of what to do at this exact moment. He was practically holding my hands, making it slightly awkward for me to escape him. My heart thumped loudly in my chest as I felt a thick cloud of tension over come us. I watched his eyes flicker down to my lips, staring at them for a second before moving back to my eyes.