008☠

* reading back on these chapters: my writing is so damn cringe-worthy I'm so sorry.

Movie 🎥 Aeon Flux (2005)

Happy Reading xx

~T

✖️✖️✖️

S C A R L E T T 💣

The smell of sweat and deodorant filled my nostrils as soon as I stepped into the room. It looked like a gym. Various types of equipment were set up in all corners of the room, there were some people working out. Blaze led me towards the back of the room where there was a large space for mats where people were practicing self-defense and martial arts. Everything was black, grey and white, the lights were large and ivory lighting up the room.

We made it to the end of the room where there was a large space, that part of the room had floors made out of what looked like gym mats. Blaze told me to take my shoes off before stepping onto the mat. As we were taking our shoes off I took a glance at her outfit.

She was dressed in a pair of black spandex tights with a Nike sports bra, similar to mine, that only covered her bust, leaving the rest of her pale fit torso bare. She caught me staring at her, glaring at me before stepping onto the matted floor. I turned my gaze away from her before stepping onto the mats as well.

"First we're going to exercise, we have to get you fit for missions. For this entire week we are going to work on body and form," she told as she started stretching herself. "Each day for this week we are going to work on different parts of your body, so for today we'll be working on the chest, shoulders and triceps." She motioned for me to copy her; I pulled my arm over my head to stretch my triceps. Every stretch I'd do, Blaze would always point out that I'm doing it wrong and that I wasn't stretching enough. Every time I'd snap at her and say otherwise, she'd punch me or slap me or kick me. At the end of our stretching session I was already covered in bruises and it was only 8:30. Just as I thought we were finished with stretching Blaze informed me that we were just stretching for the actual warm up.

The warm up was pretty intense: for me. It consisted of walking knee pulls; walking quad stretches, walking lunges, squat jumps, arm circles forwards. We also did thoracic spine exercises, which I guessed helps with neck and shoulder pain. That my friends; was just the warm up session.

Next was the workout. We began with shoulder presses, which I was useless at thanks to my noodle arms, but Blaze insisted on building up my arm muscles as I could potentially be maneuvering the sniper since I had good aim. I don't see the point in that because they brought me here for my superhuman strength when I had panic attacks, not to hide on top of buildings and shoot people using a sniper.

Every time I didn't reach the counting limit just because I was too tired, Blaze would snap at me. Blaze wasn't even exercising, she'd demonstrate and then watch me follow after her, pointing out errors and lashing out at me for them. I was so exhausted and it had only been an hour and we've only been exercising, I couldn't take any breaks for water, I couldn't have lunch or dinner, I literally had to train till 8:00 PM today. I'll probably die of exhaustion till then.

We continued with bench presses and then after that different Dumbbell exercises. That took about three hours. Mainly because I wasn't doing it right so Blaze would keep increasing the number of reps I've to do. Dumbbell exercises were something Spencer used to do when I'd accompany him to the gym. They exercised your main muscles and they allow your muscles to grow in strength together. I'm surprised I'm still up and going after all these exercises. I guess I could say I have a lot of stamina as I was on the Stanford Athletics team and swim team.