Let Me In (Cody Carson)

Start from the beginning

You managed to lead him over to his couch and sit, but with the way he was still holding onto you, it was easier to just lie down. You laid on your back with Cody sandwiched between you and the back pillows, practically lying on top of you – not that you minded.

You simply just played with Cody's hair until you heard his breathing even out, letting you know he'd fallen asleep. He was snoring softly in your ear, making you smile slightly. You never thought you'd enjoy the sound of someone snoring, but with Cody, you found yourself wishing you could listen to it for the rest of your life.

~

The next morning, you woke up a bit confused until you felt Cody still lying on you and remembered what happened the night before. You stretched your legs carefully, thinking he was still sleeping, but were surprised when you heard his voice.

"Good morning," Cody said, his voice hoarse from however long he'd been crying before you got there.

"I didn't wake you up, did I?" you asked with a hint of a guilty tone.

"No, I've been awake. I just didn't want you to wake up."

You smiled slightly, stretching your arms this time before returning one to lay on your stomach and the other to rest on Cody's back. You absentmindedly began playing with his hair again, feeling him let out a small sigh of content as he relaxed against you.

"Care to explain to me what happened yesterday?" you murmured.

"It was nothing," he whispered.

"Cody," you sighed, swearing you heard his breathing hitch but you shook it off, "You cried yourself to sleep and when I tried to get up and go back to my apartment, you only held me tighter. I haven't seen you in weeks and I never hear anything coming from here except your TV anymore. Whatever is making you do all that isn't nothing." Cody swallowed thickly, letting out a breath on the skin of your neck.

"Gabby broke up with me," he muttered.

"What? Why?" your eyes widened, honestly in shock. They had been together since you moved into the apartment building two years ago and they seemed so in love, it was hard to believe she had ended it.

"She said we've been drifting apart," he sniffled, "Said she doesn't feel like I love her the way I used to."

"What's that supposed to mean?" you scoffed lightly, "You were head-over-heels for that girl."

"No," he sighed, "She's right." The hand in his hair froze as you moved your head so you could look at him. You had your eyebrows raised, prompting him to continue, and he did. "I don't know," he shrugged, "I was thinking last night and I just... I don't feel like we're right for each other anymore. We only ever joked around and stuff; We could never seem to be serious with each other. She's a great girl and I think part of me will always love her, but I'm just not in love with her anymore."

"You concluded all of that in one night?" you asked, making him chuckle softly.

"It's amazing how much quiet time can help you realize," he commented.

"Believe me, I know," you teased, bringing your hand up and hitting his cheek lightly. Cody laughed again, letting it taper off.

"Thanks for coming to check on me," he whispered, squeezing you gently.

"You're welcome," you replied softly, pressing a kiss to his head. "Do you want to come over for breakfast?" you asked him.

"Nah," he shook his head, "I've had your cooking."

"It's not that bad!" you whined.

"Maybe not to you," he smirked, "You're used to it."

"You're rude," you pouted, "I'm going home to enjoy breakfast by myself then." You went to get up, but Cody refused to let go of you.

"We could always go out," he suggested, "I know how much you like McDonald's breakfast."

"Are you bribing me, Carson?" you tried to say with a straight face, but the smile pulling at Cody's lips were proof that you weren't doing a very good job.

"Is it working?"

"Maybe," you mumbled. Cody grinned widely, finally releasing his grip so you could both sit up. "I'm gonna run and grab my wallet and then we can go," you said.

"It's cute that you think I'm gonna let you pay for yourself," Cody said as he got up and went into his bedroom to change his shirt.

"It's cute that you think I'm not gonna fight you about it," you sassed, trotting out of his apartment before he could respond, leaving him with the kind of smile on his face that hadn't been there since his break up.

~

inspiration: http://ladiieschoice.tumblr.com/post/124416909010/ok-but-a-your-apartment-is-next-toabove-mine-and