♥The Light that pierce the darkness♥

Soundtrack used: Every Heart (Instrumental version)

Rain started to pour down lightly as Chinami made her way through the forest. She needed to find the others before the rain got heavier. Truth to be told, she was very scared of being all alone and walking through the forest, but she told herself that there will be light at the end of the darkness. 

When she finally made it out of the darkness of the forest, she ended up at the firework viewing area. The area was desolated due to the fact no one wanted to be out in the open and stand where there was no cover from the rain. She felt a little lonely but at least she knew where she was.

"Huh?" Her eyes focused on another person who had just arrived to the firework viewing area. "Hikaru...?"

Zaizen was panting heavily because he had searching for Chinami all this time. He didn't care about the festival anymore because it was not fun without her. He was very worried about her and he wanted to know if she was fine and well. He didn't care about being drenched in the rain either because her well being was more important than his own. 

Seeing Zaizen in the rain reminded Chinami of the time they were under the downpour. He nearly drowned her in the darkness but he managed to pull her out of it, and into the light before everything was too late. To Chinami, he will always be the light that pierced the darkness that tried to lure her in. Seeing him made her feel better again; he's her light after all. When she was able to see his face, she felt her heart clenched because she can see the pain in his eyes. 

"Hikaru!" Upon hearing his name being called, Zaizen turned himself around to see Chinami walking up to him. She hated seeing him in pain, she doesn't want him to make such a face.

Seeing that she was in front of him, Zaizen wasted no time and he ran up to her and embraced her close.  He backed away slightly after a moment of being familiar with the reality in front of his very eyes, "Where did you go? Do you have any idea how worried I was when you're gone like that?!" Zaizen lectured her with hints of anger and worry; he's angry because there was a wanted kidnapper out on the loose, and worry because he thought he lost her again. "Why did you run off like that?!"

"B-because...because..." She looked away from him, her tears mixing with the rain. She ran away because Shiraishi wouldn't accept her feelings, she felt very embarrassed and she just wanted to go somewhere alone to cry.

Zaizen was not stupid, he can tell it somehow had to do with Shiraishi Kuranosuke. The anger melted away only to have tender gentleness left in his eyes. "If you're hurt, you shouldn't run away...you know I'd let you come to me." 

Upon hearing his gentle words, her lower lip trembled when warm tears mixed with the coldness of the rain; his kindness that was exclusively for her painfully healed the cracks to her broken heart, making it whole again. She looked at his face to see he was not upset with her for running off without a word. In fact, he smiled gently at her, not caring about the rain. 

"I thought you would be angry with me and leave me alone if I tell you..." Chinami was hesitant about it but she hugged Zaizen, feeling the warmth of his body under the freezing rain. 

"I wouldn't leave you. I promised I won't leave you again." He hugged her too, as if he's the light that will protect her through everything. He loved her so much but he still felt guilty about leaving her to drown in the darkness, and even pushed her in when she got out of it. Someone like him doesn't deserve to chase after her so he already decided to just be her light that will shine and pierce the darkness called 'sadness' when he confessed his feelings to her at the Ferris wheel.