♥21♥ The place I can return to

He decided he was tired and she had enough of a beating; he wouldn't want the teachers or anyone to see her seriously beaten up. He wouldn't want to end up on the news as a social worker beating his own daughter up. He doesn't believe he's doing a thing wrong, he's just punishing his daughter for taking away his lover, what's wrong with that? 

"Get up and sort yourself out." He coldly said to her, "And if you tell anyone about this...you will have no one. Trust me, no one would want to adopt a 13 year old. I've got nothing to lose but you do."

He was right. If she tell on him, she will have no one she can call her family. What will she do? If she told on her Dad, she will end up in an orphanage...the orphanage was far from Shitenhouji, there's no way she can continue going there if she told on her Dad now.

"O-okay..." Chinami struggled to get up but she managed to get up. The bruises on her meant nothing as long as she can continue going to Shitenhouji, back to everyone and the club- 

"Have you quit from that stupid club's manager?" 

Chinami did not answer him as she locked herself into her room for the whole evening. She didn't care about eating because she was in pain on the outside and inside. She wanted everything to be nothing but a dream; she will wake up from the horrible nightmare and she will be greeted by the good old days where her Dad smiled at her.

"It will be fine..." She decided to sleep through the pain. It will be fine, it's always dark before dawn...

She heard the door to her room open. She turned herself to see her Dad had thrown down a huge book on her head, making her pass out...

Within the darkness, she walked aimlessly without knowing where it would lead her. 

"Dad? Dad!" She can see her Dad from a distant, she can make out a kind smile on his face! "Dad!" She knew it! Her Dad still loved her! It's all a lie that he would act so cold to her- "Dad?" Why did he fade away? Where did he go? He was here just a moment ago...

"Chinami, practice is about to start." Osamu walked past her, "Are you coming?" 

"Yes!"

"I'll go ahead then." 

"Wait! I want to go too-" Just when she caught up with the Coach, he faded into nothing.

"Coach...!"

"Apple-chan, this way! This way!" She turned herself around to see the Baka Pair were waving at her with their silly get ups. 

"What's with the get ups? You guys look ridiculous!" Just as she made it to them, they disappeared from her sight too. "Guys...?"

"Nee-chan, what are you doing over there? We're over here!" She looked to her left and she can see Kintarou bouncing happily, "This way! This way!" He called for her to hurry up. She can see Gin and Koisihikawa too. 

"Wait! Wait for me!" Just as she reached a hand out to them, they disappeared from her sight too. "Don't go..." Tears started to form and she shook her head in denial as fear started to cling onto her soul and haunt her from within. "Guys..." 

"Chinami, what's wrong? Why are you crying?" She felt Chitose pat her head and she looked up to see him. 

"Chitose-senpai."

Just like before, the moment she reached her hand out to him he faded away. Tears streamed down her face and she screamed her heart out up at the limitless darkness. Why was everyone disappearing from her sight? It can't be real...