♥The Pillar of my Heart♥

Soundtrack used: Gathering Stars in the Night Sky (Xenogears)

Chinami walked and walked until she made it to the lake. She's very scared and she could have sworn she can feel someone following her but every time she turned herself around, she would find no one was there. 

"Ah!" When the birds flew away into the night of the sky from the tree she stood under, she hugged herself with growing fear in her heart. "Ugh..." She shouldn't have ran off! She should have stayed, even if it was awkward to do so! Before tears can fall because of her broken heart, she suddenly thought about the giant teddy bear Kenya got for her in the hospital. She smiled because he ended up tumbling into the room with the giant bear. The memories shared between them were funny and heartwarming all the time. "Huh?" She can see a figure from the other side of the lake, it was Kenya! He looked like he's searching for someone. Was he searching...for her? He's always like this, always looking out for her and protecting her from harm. "Senpai..." She looked at her right to see there was a bridge that will lead her to the other side. She ran to the to wooden bridge, wanting to see Kenya. 

Kenya was starting to panic because Chinami has not been found yet. He had to bring her back no matter what! He promised to keep her safe! He's supposed to protect his precious kouhai from harm! What kind of a senpai will he be if he can't do something as simple as that?! 

"Chinami!" It didn't matter to him who she liked the most, he just wanted her to be safe and sound. 

"Kenya-senpai!" He turned around to the voice that was familiar to him. He can see Chinami running on the bridge. "Senpai!" 

"Chinami...!" He nearly fell but he ran towards her. 

"Ah-!" She nearly fell forward and land to the floor but Kenya caught her just in time. He hugged her close to him, keeping her safe in his arms. "Sorry..." She apologized to him for being missing but Kenya didn't seem to mind when she looked up at his face. 

"It's fine. I'm just so glad you are safe..." He hugged her again, happy to know she's safe in his arms. 

Chinami felt very protected and warm within his embrace. She closed her eyes as memories after memories started to resurface. They hated each other, they got along, he saw the weak side of her, he tried to rescue her despite his own fear, he embraced the her who was scared, and he continued to be the pillar that kept her heart from falling into darkness. Whenever she felt like she will fall, he will be there to prevent her from falling. Chinami started to cry because she realized she will be hurt the most if Kenya was not in her life. If he were to be missing from her life, there will be a gaping hole where the pillar was supposed to be. 

"Hey, are you crying?" 

"Senpai..." 

"Why are you crying? Did something scary happen?" He wiped the tears away, he can't have her crying, she looked better when she smiled. "It's okay." 

The more she thought about the times they shared, the more it became certain. 

"Kenya-senpai, I like you." 

"Hm? I know that, I like you too." 

Was it as simple as 'like'? No, now that she had cleared away the fog from her broken heart, Kenya was the one in her heart. 

"Let's go." He held her hand, planning to take her back to everyone.

However, Chinami didn't want to go back yet. She stilled in her place, not wanting to go anywhere from here.