♥36♥ Truth Part 2

'She looks a lot happier...' Shiraishi was happy to see her laughing and smiling at what Zaizen was telling her. 'Thank god...' Seeing her smile again was all he wanted. It doesn't matter if this distant was hurting him on the inside; sometimes a flower can bloom the most beautiful when left alone...

"Shiraishi." Kenya caught Shiraishi looking at Chinami's direction again. "When are you going to stop being creepy?" Shiraishi stayed away from Chinami at all cost, be it in school or club time. However, he's always keeping an eye on her. How Chinami never realized he was watching her was a miracle in itself. "Go and talk to her." 

"I can't. Not now..." There was a reason why he couldn't see Chinami yet. Because of that reason, he's unable to see her face to face. 

"I'm saying this now as one of your best friends...please come back." 

"Kenya, I-" 

"She really needs all of us..." Kenya sounded really desperate, "Please..." 

"Did something happen?" 

"A lot has happened. Chitose and I were going to keep it a secret but at this point, we can't keep it a secret anymore..." 

Kenya and Shiraishi walked to the empty club room where they can talk in silent. Kenya started from the day Shiraishi went away. He didn't want to talk about it but he had to tell Shiraishi about Chinami's attempt to taking her own life and somehow picking up her tiny happiness bit by bit again.

Shiraishi felt his heart dropping when he found out from Kenya of Chinami's attempt to take her own life. Shiraishi didn't know...he could have lost her without knowing anything! He could have lost her! He could have lost her if it weren't for Chitose stopping her at the time! 

"Zaizen's reaction was the same when I told him...I am not telling you two this because I want to guilt trip you. I am telling you this because you're part of her world too, Shiraishi..." 

"Kenya...she wouldn't want me there anymore. I said something to her I can't ever take back." 

"Chinami needs you there for her too. Even now, she still want you there..." Kenya closed his eyes as he recalled what happened last night...

Kenya was reading a sports manga in his bed. Since he reads fast, he was able to get through the exciting chapter in less than 10 minutes. 

"Alright...time for sleep." He pulled the covers up to his shoulders, about to drift off to dream world. 

"Senpai?" 

"Hm?" 

"Can I sleep with you?" Chinami had a bad dream again. She needed to feel Kenya was there with her in order to feel safe. 

"Huh?!" Kenya's eyes shot open and his eyes met with Chinami, who was looking at him with a look that can match against a confused puppy. 'She's so cute! She is so cute that she is melting me!!!' 

"Senpai?" 

"Ah-ah! Sure! I would love to sleep with you! Yes, I do..." 

"That's good." Chinami lifted the covers up slightly and she got into his bed. 

He would usually be nervous about it but he has gotten used to the idea of her sneaking into his bed, being allowed to hold her to sleep, and waking up before she does so he can watch her sleeping face.

'Ah, no...I can't be happy about this.' Kenya should not be happy about this because this paranoia side of hers latched itself onto him. Since it latched itself onto him, he's the only one to free her from it.