♥20♥ Watching the world around me collapse

Chinami woke up in her own bed. The pain on her back was still there and it was still so painful. 'He really did kick me...' Chinami was scared and confused; why did her Dad kick her down the stairs? Did she do something to aggravate him? Even so, kicking her down the stairs was out of order.

"Ugh-!" It was painful to get up but she forced herself up anyway. "There's no way I can practice with the guys..." What sort of excuse should she tell them? They will barrage her with questions if she told them her Dad kicked her.

Making her way to the dining room after getting ready, she can see her Dad drinking a cup of tea and reading the newspaper. 

"Morning." Chinami greeted with a smile nonetheless. 

Her Dad looked over the newspaper and to look at her briefly before reading the newspaper again. Chinami frowned a little at the coldness he was showing her but she tried not to overthink anything. 

"Um, I'm going to school now." 

Again, not a response from him. She was starting to wonder if something was wrong...

As Chinami made her way to school, the question continued to remain in her head. Why did her Dad kick her down the stairs? He acted as if nothing happened and he just sipped his tea like normal. He acted as if he did nothing wrong, she's afraid of asking what it was all about. Should she tell someone about it? No, she couldn't...she wouldn't. If she told someone what her Dad did, they will try and separate them.

'I don't want to lose Dad.' She will have no one she can call her family; her Dad was her only family member and there's no way she can ever betray him. 

When she made it to the entrance of Shitenhouji, she smiled as she made her way to the tennis club. There they were, laughing about some stupid joke the Baka pair made. Even if something bad happened at home, she can come here and forget all about it. 

"Chinami, good morning." Shiraishi's smile was dazzling as ever. Seeing that smile made her feel safe from the unease around her. 

"Buchou, it's really good to see you." After what happened, seeing that smile of his was saving her on the inside.

"Wow, aren't you being rather honest today?" 

"Is it weird?" She looked away with a slight blush thinking that she said something embarrassing.

"Not at all! I'm glad to hear you say that. I'm glad to see you too." Chinami smiled at his words; Shiraishi had no clue how much his words were comforting her...

"Chinami, good morning!" Kenya lightly tapped her head with his racquet, "You're ready for today's practice? I hope you can keep up a rally." 

"N-not today. I'm not feeling so well..." 

"Is something wrong?" 

"Um..." Kenya did say if there was something wrong, she should tell him. Should she tell him? "Kenya-" 

"Ah! No, you don't have to tell me! I know!" 

"How did you..." Did she become very predictable that he can tell what was wrong with her? 

Kenya suddenly put his arm over her shoulders, his breath tickling her ear and it was making her blush slightly.

"K-Kenya-senpai?"

"It's that time of the month, right? I understand-" 

"You-!" She was about to whip the paper fan to his head but the moment she tried to lift her arm, she felt a great pain. She dropped the paper fan to the floor, much to Kenya's shock.