Chapter 13

Chapter 13

A week had passed so far, and Ju was doing okay. She didn’t have her lines memorized yet because it’s been a week! So anyway, Ju was good, Olivia was good, Lila was being a snot nose like always, and Brad was as pretty as usual.

Ju was walking down the hallway, on her way back from the bathroom, when someone came up behind her. Or more like three people. “Hey Jules.” said Eric. “You’re lookin’ hot today!” said Gerald. “Yeah, your butt looks good in those jeans.” said Ryan. “Ew, don’t be looking at my butt your creeps!” she retorted. They laughed. “Hey Jules,” said Ryan. “Wanna come over to my house and play some video games?” “I don’t even like video games, so no!” said Ju. They still followed her. “C’mon Jules,” said Ryan suggestively. “Please?” “Oh my gosh, just leave me alone you creeps!” Ju yelled. Then she ran back to class, she saw that they still didn’t follow her again, and she was relived. Ju made sure to really stay away from those boys.

 For the rest of the day, things were pretty normal, until it was time for Ju to get home. Since Ju was one of the last to get off the bus, the bus driver was always in a rush. Ju saw her house coming up; she was looking forward to studying her lines. Ju didn’t have play practice today because Mrs. Danish and Mrs. Hamilton were not in school so practice was canceled. Ju was said but happy at the same time because that meant she wouldn’t have to deal with Lila.

Ju was about to stand up, when suddenly, the bus went right passed her house. Ju was shocked. She had the same bus driver for years and something like this has never happened! Ju began to panic, wondering how she would get home.

Ju managed to calm herself down but she was sill really scared. She went up to the front of the bus to go talk to her bus driver. “Helga!” Ju shouted. Her bus driver Helga looked like a witch. She was blind in one eye, was almost deaf, and only had one tooth. “WHHAAAAAT!?” Helga yelled. Ju wasn’t even sure why Helga passed for a school bus driver, she looked like she would croak any minute! “YOU MISSED MY STOP!!!” Ju shouted. Ju had to shout because Helga was almost deaf. “WHAT!!??” Helga shouted. Ju growled and she shouted even louder, “YOU. MISSED. MY. STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!!!!!!!!”

“Oh.” Helga said. “All right Amy,” “It’s Julia actually.” Ju corrected. “I’ll just drop you off at the elementary school and I’ll have someone else drive you home.” Helga continued ignoring Ju’s correction. Ju was surprised. Why couldn’t she just turn around and drop Ju off? Ju thought that all bus drivers were stupid. She had never had a good bus driver. Once she had a bus driver that almost killed the kids every day because she was such a reckless driver, the bus would even almost do a roll towards kids’ houses.

After about fifteen minutes of deciding what Ju should do, they arrived at the elementary school. Helga said to Ju before she got off, “Just go to bus 321 and she’ll drive you home.” Ju nodded her head at Helga to give her a sign that she understood. Ju walked down the stairs. She saw that some teachers were leading some little kids toward the school busses. Ju felt awkward now, she felt like she would have to turn into a little kid just to make it less awkward. She saw bus #321.

Someone tapped her on the shoulder. Ju turned around to see a heavy woman probably in her early forties. “Hi, I heard about the incident with what happened on the bus earlier. You must be Tommy?” “It’s Julia.” Ju said. “Oh, okay well, I’ll be taking you home.” the woman said. The woman gestured Ju to come with her. She followed the woman toward the bus she was supposed to get on.

When Ju was finally on the bus, she saw that the bus was chaos. The kids were picking their noses, spitting at each other, some of them sneezed out snot, and the bus seemed like a total germ-o-rama. “You’ll need this.” The woman said to Ju handing her a little bottle of hand sanitizer. Ju took the bottle from her and doused herself with it from head to toe until the bottle didn’t have a speck of sanitizer left. It stung a little because she had a cut on her arm. Ju sat down, afraid of what was going to happen.

While the bus was accelerating, three kids started talking to Ju. “Are you a big kid?” asked a little girl from behind her. “Yeah, I am actually.” Ju said to her. Another boy came up next to the little girl. “What grade are you in?” he asked. “I’m in the eighth grade.” Ju answered.  Another little boy came up next to the other boy. “Why are you on this bus?” he asked with a little lisp. “Sometimes kids, grown ups make more mistakes than anyone else in the whole wide world, just like President George W. Bush.”

Suddenly, Ju felt something wet pour on her. It dripped down her face, in her hair and down her shirt. Then Ju saw one of the boys holding an empty carton of chocolate milk above Ju’s head. The three kids laughed. Ju was angry now. He anger seemed to show because the kids hid behind the seat.

Then she felt something hit her head. Ju saw that someone had thrown a crumpled up ball of paper at her. Then more and more kids started throwing around objects that hit Ju most of the time. Ju tried to keep her temper, but it was hard to because so many things were being thrown at her. Ju hoped that she would be home soon.

Ju didn’t know how much time has gone by, but she saw her house come back once more. The bus driver slowed down next to Ju’s house. As soon as the door opened, Ju got her stuff, and ran as fast as she could toward the exit, but she tripped and fell face first into an unknown squishy object. She heard more kids erupt in laughter.

She stood up and walked off the bus successfully. Ju sprinted toward her house. The first thing she was going to do was take a shower. Ju was already trying to remove her shirt by the time she stepped on the front door matt. Before her parents could say anything to her, Ju ran upstairs to go and take a shower to clean out whatever germs were on her.