"My name is Cade," he says, offering a hand across the table.

"Hello Cade, nice to meet you,"I say shaking his hand. He gestures for me to introduce myself.

"The name is Thalia," I say.

"What a lovely name," he says,"rhymes with Failure though," he then wonders out loud, grinning smugly.

"As if I was unaware of that fact," I roll my eyes and sip my drink.

"Sorry,"he chuckles and I smile but roll my eyes,"so you're new?" He goes on to ask. He asks me a few questions about the pervious places I've lived and the previous schools I've been too and I ask him questions like what classes he's taking and what he does in his spare time. It's not awkward small talk, he actually pays attention to what I'm saying and listens and asks questions with a genuine attitude.

When it's time for class we head inside and he heads to economics and I head to sociology, and he introduces me to his girlfriend, named Elsa, who apparently takes the same classes as me. So turns out Cade was just genuinely interested in being my friend. Elsa is cool and I can see why Cade would date her. She's sweet and funny and has an adorable evil side. Sociology was funny and interesting and the teacher, Mr Jacobs was so funny. These two girls, who I get the feeling I'm going to hate, Camille (a girl who thinks she's  the best thing to walk the earth) and Hannah (gorgeous but sadly a shallow bitchy girl), wouldn't shut up and stop talking about themselves and the teacher kept shutting them down, which was hilarious.

After sociology, Elsa showed me to the chemistry theory lecture room and we took seats at the front. Cade came in and stole his girlfriend away, which I didn't mind because I mean I'm just a new friend and he's been her loyal boyfriend for a year. They went and made out at the back while I started sketching and working some more on my art project that I was working on by myself. It was a drawing of a dolphin, swimming around a tunnel of light. I was to busy carefully sketching to even notice a young women come in.

"Wow that's amazing," a soft voice says over my shoulder and I jump, startled.
"Sorry I didn't mean to scare you," the voice laughs softly.

I look up and my breath catches in my throat. Her skin is tanned and smooth looking, her eyes are captivating and dark, her jaw line is perfect and her cheek bones are defined, but in a healthy strong way. Her hair is dark chocolates brown and long and wavy, her lips look so perfect. Oh my god I must be looking at a goddess, I think.

"Thank you," I say smiling shyly, remember that she complimented my work. I feel weird, I'm never shy.

"And what is your name," she asks as she walks around my desk to her own desk and leans over it and fishes the register and a pen from her bag. I get distracted momentarily as the clothing of her skirt stretches over the curve of her tight, but big (not to big), ass. I gulp and cross my legs tightly. If she's my teacher I'm dead, but she obviously is my teacher or her books wouldn't be behind the teachers desk and she wouldn't be dressed in the classical tight skirt and loose tucked in white blouse. She turns and glances up at me but I have to recover myself so she wouldn't catch me staring at places I shouldn't be staring at, especially if it's A:my teacher and B:a women. Straight women. Well I'm guessing she's straight.

"Thalia," I say. She holds eye contact for a moment longer then necessary, and a small sly smile melts across her face and little dimples appear at the corners of her lips. My chest flutters.

"I love that name.." She murmurs and finds it on the register.

"Thanks.. I think.. I mean I didn't give it to myself.." I say blushing (which is something I hardly ever do), and then Remember I'm talking shit again and swear at myself to stop talking in my head. She laughs.