Old Friends (REDDY)

Just like a new chapter of a new book, you tend to forget those who were with you from the beginning. You move on, meet new people, visit new places but one can never forget the first chapter. Where it all began. 

"(y/n) ? did you hear what I said ?" A voice called, snapping you of your daydream. 

"huh what?" you mumbled, fumbling through the lyric sheets lying on your lap. Your co producer sighed and took a sip of his coffee before shaking his head at your lack of attention. 

"Im sorry Sanghyun, what did you say?" you asked politely, as he smiled at your sweet aura.

"Why do you never call me Paloalto ?, and I said that Reddy and Soul One are coming to record today" he huffed, pushing the schedule towards you. 

"They're uh..back from tour already ?"

Paloalto nodded in response, already knowing how you are feeling on the inside. It had been over two years ago when the incident took place. You were at your apartment, desperately trying to pack your bags as your abusive ex boyfriend, broke various things outside your bedroom door, cursing at you constantly. He had locked you inside the room, and the only person you could think of calling was your closest friend, Reddy. 

Reddy barged into your apartment just before you were about to get hurt by the so called person who once said they loved you, and beat him to a pulp. The sight was horrifying. Reddy had him pinned to the ground, punching him continuously until the man pleaded for him to stop and took off.  You were in shock, as you watched Reddy clench his bruised knuckles and turned to face you, eyes red as fire. 

"I told you this guy was bad for you, and you dont listen to me (y/n)" he shouted, standing over your shaking frame.

"I-I--Im..." your words came out in a whisper as Reddy carefully lifted you to your feet and checked if you were okay. You couldnt stop staring into his angry eyes as he ran his fingers through your hair, and touching the light marks on your wrist from the incident earlier. 

What you felt for him since that night was so strong, that you cut him off completely. You were scared to love him. Not only because of your past relationship, but you were scared to ruin something that could possibly be the best thing that could happen to you. Reddy called you quite often during the first two weeks, and even showed up to your parent's house where you were residing, but you couldnt face him. Eventually he left for his tour and you could work in your studio peacefully, and day by day, tried to forget about him. 

"Ah they're here, im gonna go meet them in the other studio, send me a message when you are okay" Paloalto nodded as he placed a reassuring hand on your shoulder, "I dont want you to feel uncomfortable." 

"im okay Sanghyun" you smiled, and watched him exit the studio.

You sucked in a deep breath and tried to calm your nervous state. This is easier said than done. You thought you were okay with it being over a year now, but now your mind was saying otherwise. But before you could make a dash for the bathroom, you noticed someone standing in the doorway. It was him. 

"(y/n)" that familiar voice made your heart flutter. 

"hello" you managed to choke out, as he stood in front of you, deep eyes that you cherished since that night, glaring down at you. 

"It's been a while hasnt it?" he smiled, "Staying out of trouble I hope."

You loved how he managed to keep a playfulness sound in his voice in an obviously awkward moment. Your shoulders slumped as he took another step closer to you, expecting you to allow him to hug you, like old times. As if nothing had happened in the past year. 

You responded with taking a step back and Reddy sighed deeply, removing his cap and running his fingers through his hair in frustration. "Why are you doing this to me (y/n) ? Why are you pushing me away like this ?" he groaned. 

"its...complicated" you responded, creating more space between the two of you.

"Then make me understand" he sighed, growing tired of your indifference. "Please (y/n), please just tell me where I went wrong."

"That night...I...you.." 

"I saved you that night! What the fuck!" he snapped, as you sighed.

"no you dumbass! you, that night, you saved me and I realized how much you mean to me and I fell fucking in love with you!" you shouted, surprising yourself in the process. 

Reddy blinked a few times as he processed your words. You felt your face heat up from sudden embarrassment when the silence grew longer, and Reddy continued to gawk at you in astonishment. 

"Whatever atleast now you know and I get it if its weird so----" 

Reddy cut off your words with his lips, forcing you against the wall and answered all your questions. His kisses were passionate and long, his lips kneaded into yours as you tasted the mint that lingered on his breath. He held you so close, it was impossible to get any closer, every part of him was on your body, fitting together perfectly like a puzzle piece.  

"baby, I love you, so so much dont ever put me through that again" he whispered in the nape of your neck, as he placed soft kisses across your skin. 

"I was scared of the possibility of losing you" you mumbled, burying your face in his chest as he slowly stroked your hair. 

Reddy lifted your chin and placed a sweet kiss upon your lips. "Im not gonna lose my best friend again, especially when you are all I've wanted my whole life."

guys sorry about the slow updates. Varsity (and comebacks) are being a real pain in the ass. Hope you understand :c