xxxiii. the girl and the mistletoe

⚡⚡⚡

⚡⚡⚡

"We'll start with a spell that everyone is familiar with. The Disarming Charm."

"Oh please, Professor Lockhart taught us that in second year." Zacharias scoffed.

Ron turned to him. "Lockhart didn't teach as much as prune himself." he retorted.

Gemmalynn rolled her eyes in annoyance. "If you actually learned something from that git, then show me." she said, smugly.

Zacharias' eyes widen in shock as he looked at her. "What?"

The others snickered as they watched Gemmalynn approached a terrified Zacharias, who quickly backed away from her.

Gemmalynn smiled, feigning innocence. "You said that Lockhart already taught us the disarming charm in second year, so let's see how well you can cast it." she said as she whipped her wand out and aimed the tip at Zacharias.

Zacharias tripped and fell to the ground with a thud as he stared fearfully at a calm Gemmalynn. He scrambled to his feet as he whipped his wand out and opened his mouth to cast a spell.

"Expelliarmus!"

A dazzling flash of scarlet light burst out of Gemmalynn's wand towards Zacharias and blasted him off his feet as he was forced to drop his wand. He screamed as he flew backward and smashed into the wall before sliding down, sprawled on the floor.

"I see. Lockhart did teach you to be just like him." Gemmalynn mocked as everyone laughed in amusement.

Zacharias grunted in pain as he stood up and glared menacingly at Gemmalynn, who smriked smugly at him. He noticed his wand lying nearby and rushed for it before aiming it at the redhead heiress.

"You're proving nothing to me. You're all talk and no bite." Gemmalynn said and rolled her eyes in annoyance. "Relashio!"

With an effortless wave of her wand, a jet of purple sparks burst out at the tip of her wand towards Zacharias, who was forced to release his grip on his wand and it fell on the floor. Zacharias leapt to grab his wand, but it hovered in the air and magically went to Gemmalynn's hand.

Gemmalynn twirled Zacharias' wand between her fingers as she walked over to him and glared angrily. "A word of advice, it's best if you just keep your mouth shut and listen." she said and magically forced him to stand up before handing his wand back.

Harry looked at Gemmalynn proudly. "Besides, it works." he said and everyone cheered loudly for the redhead heiress, except a humiliated Zacharias. "Right, well, let's split up into pairs and give it a go."