iii. the seeker and the school of magic

⚡️⚡️⚡️

⚡️⚡️⚡️

In Transfiguration Class, all the students were working quietly on their desks as a gray tabby cat was sitting on the teachers desk watching them.

Gemmalynn stopped writing when she realized Harry and Ron weren't in class and glanced at the door worriedly.

'Where are those two? Did they overslept?'

Suddenly, the doors burst open as Harry and Ron rushed inside, gasping for air. Hermione turned and saw the two before rolling her eyes and continued her work while Gemmalynn sighed in relief, but then looked worried again as she glanced between the gray cat and to her friends.

"Whew! We made it! Can you imagine the look on McGonagall's face if we were late?" Ron asked Harry, unaware that the gray cat on the table was no other than McGonagall.

Gemmalynn's eyes widen in horror as she stared at Ron. "You idiot. You bloody idiot." she mumbled in disbelief.

The gray cat hopped off the desk and morphed into McGonagall as Ron stared at her in awe.

"That was bloody brilliant!"

Gemmalynn sighed quietly and gently hit head on her desk as McGonagall looked at the two late Gryffindors.

"Thank you for that assessment, Mr. Weasley. Perhaps it would be more useful if I transfigured Mr. Potter and yourself into a pocket watch. That way one of you might be on time."

"We got lost." Harry told McGonagall.

"Then, perhaps a map? I trust you don't need one to find your seats." McGonagall said and went back to her table as Harry and Ron found their seats, which were beside Gemmalynn and Hermione's.

Harry turned to his new fiery redheaded friend and smiled at her. "Hi, Gem."

Gemmalynn happily smiled back. "Hey, Harry."

While the two were busy smiling and greeting each other, they were unaware that McGonagall saw their quick exchange with a fond smile on her face.

⚡⚡⚡

After Transfiguration, Gemmalynn, Harry, Hermione and Ron went to their next class, which was Potions. As the Slytherin and Gryffindor students chat amongst themselves, a certain Slytherin kept glancing at Gemmalynn's direction, but glared at Harry, who was sitting beside her.

The chattering quickly came to a stop when Snape burst into the room.

"There will be no foolish wand-waving or silly incantations in this class. As such, I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and exact art that is potion making. However, for those select few who possess the predisposition."