viii. the sane and the insane professor

⚡⚡⚡

⚡⚡⚡

The Weasleys, Gemmalynn and Harry rushed towards Platform Nine and Three-Quarters as they each pushed their large trolleys with their luggage.

Gemmalynn looked at the clock they just passed by and her eyes widen in horror. "Two minutes!" she shouted for everyone to hear.

"10:58, come on." Mr. Weasley urged the children.

"Oh dear! The train will be leaving any moment! All together now!" Mrs. Weasley said as they raced to platforms nine and ten.

"Fred, George, Percy, you first." Mr. Weasley said.

Quickly, Percy, Fred and George stride briskly toward the stone barrier that divided the platforms and simply disappeared.

"Okay. Go on, Ginny. You know what to do." Mrs. Weasley said and patted Ginny's back.

Gemmalynn looked at Ginny and saw how nervous she was. She placed a comforting hand on her shoulder and smiled softly.

"It'll be alright, Ginny! Just close your eyes and run like your life depends on it. It's scary, but thrilling." Gemmalynn assured the youngest Weasley.

Ginny looked less nervous and smiled bravely. She looked at the wall between platforms ten and nine before rushing toward the barrier with Mr. and Mrs. Weasley following closely behind her.

Gemmalynn glanced at the clock and her eyes widen in horror. "We need to go. Now!" she panicked.

Harry and Ron nodded as they leaned into their trolley and rushed forward, but they hit the bounced back to Gemmalynn, who stopped just in time behind them.

"Harry! Ron!" Gemmalynn said worriedly and rushed to help the two boys.

A nearby guard glowered at them. "What in blazes d'you three think you're doing?"

Gemmalynn faced the guard and smiled apologetically. "We're very sorry. We were just playing around and lost control of the trolleys." she lied.

The guard shook his head in disbelief as he walked away. Gemmalynn frowned as she turned back and looked at the wall between platform ten and nine.

"What the bloody hell? Why can't we get through?" Gemmalynn asked in confusion as she glanced around the wall.

Harry shrugged. "I don't know."

Ron walked closer to the wall and tapped on it. "The gateway's sealed itself for some reason." he said and placed his ear to the wall.

The clock chimed, signalling it was eleven. Gemmalynn gasped in horror as she looked at Harry and Ron.