xxviii. the winner and the dark lord

⚡⚡⚡

⚡⚡⚡

Gemmalynn and Harry walked along down the corridor from Dumbledore's office and stopped when they heard raised voices.

"It's a sign, Severus, you know what it means as well as I!"

The door opened beside Gemmalynn and saw Snape and Igor, who was showing his Dark Mark on his arm, and saw the both of them.

Harry quickly grabbed Gemmalynn's arm and pulled her behind his back protectively as Igor glared at them and walked away.

"Gryffindor, Potter! What's your hurry?" Snape asked as Gemmalynn and Harry turned to him. "Congratulations, both of your performances in the black lake were inspiring."

Gemmalynn stared at him suspiciously as Snape turned to look at Harry.

"Gillyweed, am I correct?"

Harry nodded. "Yes, sir."

"Ingenious." Snape said as he glanced between the two Gryffindors and walked back inside the room full of potion ingredients. "A rather rare herb gillyweed, not something found in your every day garden. Nor is this."

Gemmalynn and Harry watched as Snape climbed on the ladder and grabbed something from the uppershelves. He quickly climbed down and stood in front of the two as he held up a small potion bottle.

"Either of you know what it is?" Snape asked.

"Bubble juice? sir?" Harry asked, sarcastically.

Gemmalynn glared at him and shook her head. "It's Veritaserum." she said and Harry frowned.

Snape glanced at Gemmalynn as he nodded agreeably. "Correct, Miss Gryffindor. Veritaserum. Three drops of this and You-Know-Who, himself will spill his darkest secrets." he said and turned to look at Harry. "The use of this on a student is regrettably forbidden, however should you, Potter, ever steal from my personal stores again, my hand might just slip over your morning pumpkin juice."

"I haven't stolen anything." Harry protested.

Gemmalyn's eyes widen and nodded in agreement. "Harry's innocent. He hasn't stolen a thing! I'm sure of that!" she defended Harry.

"Don't defend Potter, and lie to me, Miss Gryffindor. Gillyweed might be innocuous, but boomslang skin? Lacewing flies? You two and your friends are brewing Polyjuice Potion, and believe me I'm going to find out why!" Snape said, angrily and closed the door in Gemmalynn's and Harry's face.

Gemmalynn and Harry glanced at each other in confusion as they walked away.

"But, we haven't brewed any Polyjuice!" Harry said and frowned in confusion. "You and Hermione hadn't since second year."