xxxi. the defender and the thestrals

⚡⚡⚡

⚡⚡⚡

"You two are not going mad. I can see them too. You're both just as sane as I am."

Luna brought her Quibbler down and looked at Gemmalynn and Harry, her dreamy eyes lingered on the redhead heiress and smiled happily.

"Hi, Gem."

"Hi, Luna."

Gemmalynn smiled warmly and waved at Luna as she climbed onto the carriage and sat beside her. Harry climbed on after her and took the empty seat beside her, while Hermione, Ron and Neville sat across them.

"Everyone, this is Loony Love---"

Gemmalynn frowned at Hermione, who looked away awkwardly. "This is Luna Lovegood, everyone. She's a year below us and a Ravenclaw." she said as the others looked at Luna.

Hermione cleared her throat and looked back at Luna with a small smile. "What an interesting necklace." she said and Gemmalynn looked at the Butterbeer cork necklace Luna was wearing.

Luna held her necklace. "It's a charm, actually." she said and leaned closer to Gemmalynn. "Keeps away the Nargles. Hungry. I hope there's pudding."

Gemmalynn chuckled lightly at her and nodded. "There will be, I'm sure of it, Luna."

Hermione, Ron and Neville looked away from Luna, letting Gemmalynn deal with her.

Harry leaned closer to Gemmalynn. "What's a Nargle, Gem?" he whispered.

"They're small magical creatures that live in mistletoes." Gemmalynn whispered back and Harry frowned in confusion. "As far as I know, they exist, or perhaps, extinct now. I haven't really seen one, though."

The carriages came to a halt as the students piled out towards the castle. As soon as Gemmalynn climbed out of the carriage, all eyes were on her once again. She looked around and looked down, not wanting to see the pity in their eyes.

Harry frowned as he glanced around before standing in front of Gemmalynn. "Ignore them, Gem." he whispered.

Gemmalynn looked at him in surprise before smiling happily. "Thanks, Harry."

⚡⚡⚡

That night, Gemmalynn walked in the Great Hall with Harry, Ron and Hermione as eyes were on her again. She ignored them and went straight to the Gryffindor table, but not before noticing someone on the teacher's table, wearing a bright pink tweed outfit with a pink fuzzy cardigan and a pink hat.