xvi. the brave one and the friendship

⚡⚡⚡

⚡⚡⚡

Gemmalynn, Harry, Hermione and Ron walked inside the compartment and they found a man in shabby robes slumped against the window, asleep. He looked ill and exhausted. The four eyed him warily as they sat down on the empty seats. Hermione and Ron sat beside the man, while Gemmalynn and Harry sat across them.

Gemmalynn looked at the case of the man and saw his name. 'Professor R.J. Lupin?'

Ron glanced at Lupin. "Who d'you reckon he is?" he asked.

Gemmalynn looked at Ron. "Professor R.J. Lupin." she answered.

Harry and Ron turned to Gemmalynn in shock.

"You know everything. How is it you know everything?" Ron asked in disbelief.

Hermione noticed Lupin's case and rolled her eyes at Ron. "Obviously, it's on his case." she told him and pointed at the case above them.

"If you look around and not just in front of you, you might discover something, Ron." Gemmalynn said and Ron frowned.

Harry looked at Lupin. "Is he really asleep?" he asked, curiously.

Hermione glanced at Lupin and nodded. "Seems to be." she answered and looked at Harry in confusion. "Why? What is it, Harry?

Harry looked at Gemmalynn and they nodded. "Close the door."

Hermione and Ron exchanged a curious glance as Ron slid the compartment door shut. They stared at Gemmalynn and Harry curiously as the two told them what Mr. Weasely revealed to them.

"Let me get this straight. Sirius Black escaped from Azkaban to come after you both?"

Gemmalynn and Harry nodded. "Yes."

Hermione looked at them, worriedly. "But they'll catch Black, won't they? I mean, eventually?"

"Sure. Of course, no one's ever broken out of Azkaban before and he's a raving, murderous lunatic." Ron said, sarcastically.

Just then, the compartment rattled and the lanterns flickered. The train lurched before it slowed down. Hermione slid down the seat, pinning Ron against the window. They exchange an awkward glance as Hermione carefully slid to the other end of the seat. Gemmalynn noticed their little exchange and raised an eyebrow in amusement and suspicion.

In instinct, Harry raised an arm over Gemmalynn. "What's going on?" he asked, curiously.

Hermione glanced down at her watch and frowned in confusion. "Why're we stopping? We can't be there yet." she said.

Gemmalynn and Harry glanced at each other as they rose from their seats. Harry slid open the door as he and Gemmalynn peered into the corridor. Along the compartments, heads looked out curiously. Suddenly, the train jerked and swayed as the lamps running along the ceiling flickered and died, one by one until it was dark.