xx. the godchild and the prisoner of azkaban

⚡⚡⚡

⚡⚡⚡

At Divination class, the students gazed into crystal balls, their faces reflecting the mist within that their skin seemed to be made of smoke. Conspicuously, Gemmalynn and Hermione sat apart from Harry and Ron.

"Relax. Let your mind go. Crystal ball-gazing requires that you clear the Inner Eye. Only then, will you see. Oh my, what do we have here?" Trelwaney said and eyed Gemmalyn's crystall ball.

Hermione rolled her eyes. "Here we go again. It's the Grim! It's the Grim!" she said, sarcastically.

Gemmalynn stifled her laugh as Trelawney narrowed her eyes at Hermione.

"My dear, from the moment you first arrived in my class, I sensed that you did not possess the proper spirit for the noble art of Divination. You may be young in years, but the heart that beats beneath your bosom is as shriveled as an old maid's, your soul as dry as the pages of the books to which you so desperately cleave."

Shocked, Hermione opened her mouth to reply, but remarkably seemed incapable of a single word.

Gemmalynn's eyes widen and looked worriedly at her. "Hermione?"

Hermione looked at her and forced out a smile as she rose from her seat, knocking her crystal ball to the floor before walking out of the class.

"In late spring, one of our number will leave us forever! You knew, Professor! You saw." Lavender said in awe.

"On these occasions, I take no joy in my gift, Miss Brown." Trelwaney replied.

⚡⚡⚡

As the students walked out of the room, Ron turned to Neville.

"She's gone mental, Hermione has. I mean, not that she wasn't always mental, but now it's out in the open for everyone to see."

Ron glanced at Gemmalynn, who glared angrily at him. His eyes widen and quickly walked out of the room as Gemmalynn and Harry watched him go.

Gemmalynn glanced at Hermione's fallen crystal ball on the floor and walked over to it as Harry turned to look at her. She grabbed the crystal ball and placed it back on its stand. She stared at it for a moment before the smoke within the crystal suddenly darken. She gasped in surprise and Harry rushed to her side. They leaned closer to watch the shape that appeared. It is unmistakable Sirius Black.

"Black." Gemmalynn mumbled.

Just then, a shadow crawled the glossy surface of the crystal and a hand snatched both Gemmalynn and Harry's shoulders. They turned around in shock and saw it was Trelawney.