xxxii. the founder and the d.a.

⚡⚡⚡

⚡⚡⚡

Gemmalynn looked sadly as Filch put the last of Trelwaney's suitcase beside her trunk in front of her at the Viaduct Courtyard.

"Gem, what's going on?"

Gemmalynn turned and saw Harry standing beside her. "Harry. It's Professor Trelawney, she's being sacked by Umbridge." she said, worriedly.

Harry's eyes widen in shock as he looked ahead and saw Umbridge standing in front of Trelwaney.

"Sixteen years I've lived and taught here. Hogwarts is my home. You can't do this."

"Actually, I can."

Gemmalynn felt a gentle hand on her shoulder and glanced behind her to see McGonagall, who rushed towards a teary eyed Trelwaney and embraced her.

"Something you'd like to say?"

"Oh, there are several things I would like to say."

Gemmalynn crossed her arms and narrowed her eyes at Umbridge. "That makes the both of us, Professor McGonagall. Starting with that sickening sweet voice of hers." she muttered as Harry smiled down at her and nudged her shoulders. "What? It's true."

Gemmalynn heard the doors of the Entrance Hall opened and her eyes widen in surprise when she saw her grandfather walking towards Umbridge and Trelwaney. For a moment, she thought she saw him look her way, but she hid behind Harry, who grabbed her hand and squeezed it gently.

"Professor McGonagall, might I ask you to escort Sybil back inside?"

McGonagall wrapped an arm around a sobbing Trelwaney. "Sybil, dear. This way." she said, softly.

Trelwaney grabbed Dumbledore's hand. "Thank you."

"Dumbledore, may I remind you that under the terms of Educational Decree Number-"

"You have the right to dismiss my teachers. You do not, however, have the authority to banish them from the grounds. That power remains with the headmaster."

"For now."

Gemmalynn looked at her grandfather, worriedly. "That doesn't sound good."

Dumbledore looked around and his wise eyes met his granddaughter's worried ones before looking away. "Don't you all have studying to do?" he said, loudly and walked away.

As the students scrambled back inside, Harry rushed towards Dumbledore, but stopped when he noticed he has already disappeared at the stairs. Gemmalynn stood beside him and smiled sadly.

"He's not really good at hiding that he's ignoring us, isn't he?"

⚡⚡⚡

That night, Gemmalynn, Harry, Ron and Hermione were in the girls' room with books and parchments littered around as Hermione paced angrily in front of the three.