v. the friend and the sorcerer's stone

⚡⚡⚡

⚡⚡⚡

That night, Gemmalynn, Harry, Hermione and Ron ran towards Hagrid's hut. Gemmalynn quickly knocked on the door and Hagrid opened it wearing an apron and oven mitts.

"Hagrid!"

"Oh, hello. Sorry, don't wish to be rude, but I'm in no fit state to entertain today." Hagrid said and was about to close the door when he glanced at Gemmalynn to find she was smiling at him in guilt.

"We know about the Philosopher's Stone!"

Hagrid's eyes widen as he fully opened the door again. "Oh." he mumbled and looked at Gemmalynn.

Gemmalynn raised her hand in mock surrender. "They found it on their own."

Hagrid opened the door for the four Gryffindors as Gemmalynn led her friends inside the hut.

"We think Snape's trying to steal it." Harry told Hagrid.

"Snape? Blimey, Harry, you're not still on about him, are you?"

"Hagrid, we know he's after the Stone. We just don't know why."

"Snape is one of the teachers protecting the Stone! He's not about to steal it!" Hagrid said and looked at Gemmalynn, confused. "You know this, Gem."

"What?"

Gemmalynn frowned. "That doesn't mean anything, Hagrid."

"You heard. Right. Come on, now, I'm a bit preoccupied today."

"Wait a minute. One of the teachers?"

Gemmalynn noticed Fang, Hagrid's boar-hound, sniffing Ron and stifled her laugh.

"Of course! There are other things defending the Stone, aren't there? Spells, enchantments." Hermione said and glanced at Gemmalynn, who looked back at her and nodded in agreement.

"That's right. Waste of bloody time, if you ask me. Ain't no one gonna get past Fluffy. Hehe, not a soul knows how. Except for me, Little Gem and Dumbledore." Hagrid said and glanced at Gemmalynn, who quirked an eyebrow at him in amusement. "I shouldn't have told you that. I shouldn't have told you that."

Gemmalynn shrugged at Hagrid. She and Hermione looked at Ron and saw he was still being sniffed by Fang. They chuckled quietly when Ron finally shuffled away from Fang. Suddenly, the cauldron over the fire began to rattle.

"Oh!"

The four Gryffindors watched as Hagrid hurried over to the cauldron and grabbed something out of it. He placed it on the table for everyone to see.

"Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! Ooh!"

When the four Gryffindors saw that it was an egg, they quickly crowded around it.

"Uh, Hagrid, what exactly is that?" Harry asked in confusion.

"That? It's a, its um---"

Gemmalynn and Ron looked at each other and grinned, knowing what it was.