42: mountain

It was early the next morning in Paris, and everyone in the world wanted to know just what had happened between two very important people, who had gone through a certain unexpected, but long anticipated series of events not that long ago. There were unanswered questions, even for the two of them but they were content in perhaps not being entirely sure as to what was going on; the bond they felt between one another was strong enough to guide them through any obstacles they may face in what lay before them.

There was no way around the fact that what lay before them was a whole new kind of unknown, that left them in a fit of nerves and worries, some of which were perhaps irrational and unsolicited, but made quite the point out of their presence nonetheless. They would never define themselves as people who lived their lives in the way that others might dictate or in the image of the public eye, and cared to abide by the rules set down by judgemental looks and hushed whispers behind hands in speculation of just what had occurred between them.

It was just the fact that there was no doubt about the fact that if this ever came out, and inevitably, with time, it would, as all things did, apart from Larry, as Megan Clifford seemed to be vocal about, but for once, Larry was not the real secret hidden meaning behind the matter at hand. It was instead the worry of how people would regard them differently as people after they came to understand what there was between them, and how neither of them much wanted that, but it was unavoidable, and they knew deep down in their hearts that it was always better to put yourself before the speculations of others.

It was their own lives that they were living, and within them they were free to make what others might deem 'bad' or 'stupid' decisions for people that weren't 'worth' it, and would be 'gone in a year or so'. What the two of them had was beyond words and the understanding of other people, and it was perhaps only something that the two had fully began to comprehend for themselves amidst the events of the recent past.

And with that in mind, it came to be that upon that early morning in Paris, and late night in New Jersey, it was the time to be reckless and live for yourself and the way you truly felt inside for other people, no matter what the rest of the world might think.

Therefore, he finally found it within himself to look himself over in the mirror, and admit that he was indeed doing this, but know that it was for the right reasons, because Mr Urie wasn't bailing Bert McCracken out of jail just because he felt sorry for him, or because he wanted to hide the fact that there had been a homeless man living inside the school unnoticed for five years, because that was certainly likely to put many parents off sending their kids to Bertfield, and thinking about it, they were both very good reasons and if Brendon didn't have others then he likely would have gone for it on the basis of those alone. After all, it was also just something to do on a Tuesday evening when your underage, stoner boyfriend, who totally wasn't a student at your school, was away in France on a trip that existed solely because some fucking gay emos had blackmailed you into it.

However, Mr Urie just couldn't deny that in those five years, he and Bert had found something special between them, in those late nights when Brendon had thought that he was simply hallucinating due to how high he was, because he had been so fucking narrow minded to completely dismiss the possibility of anyone ever living in the walls, like seriously, looking back on it, it was majorly problematic.

If their friendship wasn't enough, which it was, of course, then Mr Urie found that he still, at least owed something to Bert on the basis that he had helped him name the school that one night, even though Brendon had never known it until recently. And of course, it just didn't feel the same in his office without the knowledge that there was Bert just a few metres away, listening from the walls. Well, thinking about it, Brendon had never actually known that before, but now he did he certainly could recognise the fact that his life was missing something colossally important.