37: Megan's Indie Senpai

"Ryan, you are literally the worst person in the world." Megan proceeded to tell Ryan just what he was already so very well aware of as the two walked through town, and Ryan found himself detailing to Megan just what kind of mess he'd convinced Mr Urie to get himself into.

"Personally," Ryan tried his best to look the slightest bit offended, "I think," he continued, meeting Megan's gaze, "that this is nothing but fantastic for the school, and for Brendon, who will be expanding his knowledge of the students and their absolutely fantastic acting abilities."

"But The Fault In Our Stars, of all things, seriously-"

"Megan, you have an entire wall of your bedroom covered and dedicated solely to posters to 5 Seconds Of Summer so I really don't know how you think you have the audacity to kinkshame me on this one." Ryan met her with a rather stern look, and in all honesty, he did have a point.

"Yes but unlike The Fault In Our Stars, 5 Seconds Of Summer are actually good." Megan snapped, rolling her eyes, and leaving Ryan with the rather severe struggle of trying not to burst out into a fit of laughter.

"That is..." Ryan paused for a moment, wondering just whether there was a single word he could use to convey his point with a minimal chance of Megan slapping him. "Debatable?"

Megan shot him a warning look. "You know that I will not put our friendship before 5SOS, Ryan, I have warned you. And I've warned you many times."

"What happened to bros before hoes, Megan?" Ryan looked a little offended, although he was making a point of not letting it get to him, as the likelihood was that Megan would have dropped it all within the next thirty seconds.

"Ryan, are you calling Michael Clifford a h-"

"Nope." Ryan bit his lip rather forcefully and made quite the point out of shaking his head. "Absolutely not. Michael's the bro, I'm the ho."

"But then it'd be incest, Ryan, and you know I'm going to put 5SOS before all basic moral values as well, so like, even if Michael was my brother, I would still fuck him without question. You should know that by now." And Megan looked at Ryan like he was the one being weird.

"Megan-"

"Don't you dare 'Megan' me. I'm..." Megan let out a sigh: feeling that she was being severely kinkshamed in that moment, and she most definitely did not find herself appreciating it at all. "Come on, it's not that weird of a thing to say. If Mr Urie was your brother, you'd still fuck him, wouldn't you-"

"Megan, I think the point is that if he was my brother I wouldn't have fallen in love with him in the first place-" It was too late before Ryan quite realised just what he had said.

"Ohmyfuckinggod-" Megan's voice changed to mirror that of a vulture in severe amounts of pain.

"Megan- no, I-" Ryan's attempts to fix the situation, were however, of course, futile.

"You love him." Megan told Ryan what he, unfortunately, already knew. "You're in love with him."

"Megan-"

"Oh my god, this is so perfect, I'm literally going to-"

"Megan-"

"This is the best thing that has ever happened to me-"

"Megan, this isn't even your fucking relationship for god's sake, can you just shut the absolute fuck up for like one fucking second, because I just didn't even mean to say that, I just, I-" Ryan came to a halt as he suddenly began to feel really quite dizzy. "I think I need to sit down."