39: The Fault In Our Attempted Murder

It was the most important day of all of their lives. Well, second most important for Megan, after the day that she had listened to 5 Seconds Of Summer for the first time, but she put that aside today in favour of the second most important day of her life, which was, of course, the day of the performance of The Fault In Our Stars: The Musical, which totally hadn't been crammed into third and fourth period on a Wednesday in order to get it done before Megan, Frank, Mr Way, and several other less important people (including Michael) fucked off to France for a week on strictly educational business.

Needless to say, no one was really adequately prepared for this thing at all, but they were doing it and they had to do it now, so fuck it - as Brendon had said earlier. All in all, Ryan was just pleased that he'd gotten out of Geography, even having briefly skimmed over the script, which was largely questionable in all manners of the word, but Ryan had been kind of stoned at the time and had found it quite challenging to actually give a fuck.

Megan, however, had read through the script in the past few days which they had been given to learn it and had come to seriously consider asking Mr Urie if he was mentally okay, and also perhaps to mention the kiss scene he'd written between Augustus and Isaac to Ryan, because from the way he was sat in the corner on his phone, he looked so at peace that it was definite that he had no idea as to its existence.

Perhaps Megan should've run it over with Michael as well, who'd managed to lose his script and was freaking out slightly in the corner, but well, Megan and Michael hadn't had the best of past few days, which may or may not have had something to do with Ryan pointing and screaming 'Zodiac Killer' at Michael everytime he walked past them.

Megan's one real weakness was her natural tendency to trust Ryan Ross, which was absolutely the one thing that nobody should ever do, of course, but as the days had passed by and Ryan had continued to insist that Michael was the Zodiac Killer, Megan had begun to believe it.

Last night she'd gone home and googled the Zodiac Killer, because in all honestly, she really didn't have a fucking clue who this guy was, and well she'd brought up his wikipedia page and that really looked very overly complicated, so she got text to speech to read her the first paragraph, and from that she gathered that the Zodiac Killer was an uncaught, anonymous serial killer who had murdered a lot of people, and really, even Megan could gather that that didn't sound good.

She thought to ask Michael about it, you know, talk it through, and get him to admit it to her or just explain that Ryan was being an idiot and lying to her, but the thing was that Megan just couldn't shake the feeling that if she did ask Michael if he was the Zodiac Killer and he was, then he wouldn't let her suspect that he was and would readily kill her instead, and Megan absolutely was not ready to die - Michael Clifford was yet to follow her on twitter, Frank and Mr Way still weren't 'officially' together, and of course, she had Guinea Jahmed to look after, so she had to conclude that she most certainly could not ask Michael about this one.

And it was just that as she looked at Michael's profile picture and the Zodiac Killer sketch side by side on her screen for four hours, she slowly found herself seeing the similarities, and Ryan really did have a point, and then, holy shit, her boyfriend, Michael Smith, was the Zodiac Killer.

So seeing as Megan was convinced he was a notorious serial killer, their relationship wasn't exactly going spectacularly, and she found herself rather concerned for own and well, Ryan's safety, because the thing was that Michael seemed to like her a lot, like he was prepared to listen to her talk for hours on end, and it was highly likely that he was the only person on the planet who possessed that capability, however, it was pretty clear by now that Michael absolutely did not like Ryan at all, and Megan found herself somewhat concerned that he might be wanting to murder Ryan.