27: And Suddenly Ryan Ross Climbed In Through The Roof Window

"Ryan, it was for the greater good of the universe, come on, don't look so upset." Megan pleaded, pulling her best friend into an awkward hug that was really unpleasant for both of them, before continuing to watch Ryan descend into a downward spiral of self pity and overworrying.

"Well, I'm fucking sorry that the only thing you fucking care about is whether Frank and Mr Way are fucking each other, Megan, but I have fucking feelings too, and I-" Ryan choked up, stopping himself, because no, he couldn't fucking cry. Megan was his best friend, but still, he wasn't going to fucking cry in front of her. He couldn't fucking cry in front of her.

He didn't want her to thank he was a pathetic piece of shit, after all. Because the thing was, Ryan did care what people thought, and it was at times like these that he struggled to keep pretending that everything was one hundred percent okay in his mind and that he couldn't give less of a shit.

"I'm sorry." Megan let out a sigh, knowing she'd fucked up a little. "I know you have feelings. I'm just saying, I'm trying to point out the good in the situation."

"Well, there's no fucking good in the situation for me." Ryan fell back against the wall of Megan's bedroom and cursed a little. "Brendon's got all fucking neurotic about shit, and he's like oh we have to act like we're not dating, and he won't listen to me or let me just sit in his office for like ten fucking minutes, and it really fucking sucks. And this is Frank's fault for fucking walking in on us, and fucking everything up-"

"Frank didn't mean to!" Megan exclaimed, defending her English teacher fave. "And anyway, look, he doesn't give a fuck. No one at this school gives a fuck, and you know that, don't you? Like half the teachers are fucking people they shouldn't be.

"It just fucking sucks okay?" Ryan groaned a little, "because he acts like he fucking hates me or some shit and I can't deal with that, you know, fucking beinginlovewithhimandallthatshit-"

"Ryan!" Megan's eyes practically fell out of their sockets. "You- you-"

"Yes." He let out a sigh, "fucking surprised you give a shit since Mr Way and Frank hugged once in front of you-"

"Ryan, please you don't understand how fucking romantic that shit was - I filmed it if you wanna see, like if you saw I think you'd understand, because like everyone's feeling the gay between those two - you know what I mean?"

"Megan, I honestly couldn't give the least shit about them." Ryan hit her with it straight, expecting Megan to scream at him for at least an hour like that one time he'd said '5 Seconds Of Shit', but somehow, for some reason, she didn't. "I know you're really happy about this, but I honest to good fucking wished it never happened, you know? Because then my boyfriend wouldn't be such a dick around me."

"That's not Frank's fault. That's Brendon's fault for not handling the situation correctly." Megan told him, "I'd try to talk to him for you, but like I don't think he likes me. So you should talk to him-"

"Like he's going to fucking listen to me. It'll just start a fight and I don't want things to get worse. Fuck, can things even get worse?" Ryan's jaw dropped in horror, before groaning a little.

"Talk to him." Megan raised her voice a little. "I'll come with you if you want."

"Fuck, I'm not talking to him in real life, I-" Ryan bit his lip, pulling out his cellphone, calling Brendon and putting his phone on speaker, as he regretted every decision he'd ever made in his life, because Megan was destined to either completely fix or ruin everything in the space of about thirty seconds, and well, perhaps Ryan just couldn't give that much more of a shit anymore, or perhaps he'd just smoked too much weed.