22: Ryan Just Can't Go Even A Few Days Without Vandalising The School Somehow

"You're basically a hero." Megan announced: a ridiculous grin plastered upon her face as she sat down beside Ryan, who looked practically dead inside after attending his first maths lesson in weeks now.

"Oh, okay..." Ryan trailed off, not really having listened to what Megan was saying to him, because a large portion of the time, it was all nonsense anyway, or a detailed recount of the lashton fanfiction she'd read the previous night in the place of getting eight hours of sleep.

"Like a real proper hero!" She exclaimed, noting the lack of enthusiasm in Ryan's tone and feeling a little disheartened by it. "A real hero." She reiterated, raising her voice to the point where Ryan struggled to block it out.

"What?" He asked, attempting to process what Megan had been saying. "What the fuck are you talking about?"

"You're a hero!" She said, again, as if he hadn't gotten that part by now, "after getting creepy Alan expelled you're like... you're like the kind of hero who would go back in time and kill Hitler or like reveal the Larry truth to the nation. He was a total creep, like everyone knows it was actually you who vandalised the school as well, but like that's whatever, they're just happy Alan is gone, well, like everyone besides Muddy but Muddy can go fuck herself because no one else is going to."

"Well, it was either me or him wasn't it?" Ryan laughed a little, "and hey, I should be a hero for having to actually go to maths now. That's why Brendon didn't expel me, he said I had to like actually try at school, which is bullshit because he does not try."

Megan shrugged, "maybe you shouldn't fail your exams and end up being homeless and living in a box behind Walmart, just maybe?" And that was probably the least ridiculous thing Megan Clifford had said throughout the entirety of her life, but Ryan took it as little more than the opposite.

He laughed it off in fact, "I don't need to fucking worry about that," he shook his head, "I'm not gonna be homeless, Megan, I promise you, but maths class can seriously go fuck itself. I bet you Muddy likes maths-"

"She doesn't actually. She's just really stupid, you know?" Megan went on, leaving Ryan to regret indulging her in subject of slating Muddy Warter. "Like really fucking stupid. Did you know she wants to be a make up artist? Like that's gonna go amazingly..."

"Let her dream." Ryan shrugged it off, laughing a little, "let her dream, let her fail - it's all part of the fun. I mean we have dreams, we might fail, we might not, it's all luck isn't it... it's not maths class it's fate, like-"

"Ryan are you stoned?" Megan began to laugh at him, "you can't use tarot cards to predict your exam answers or whatever you're getting at here."

"I'm just saying that maybe I don't need maths class for what I want to do." Ryan shrugged it off, biting his lip: knowing that he was absolutely never going to mention his more than slight passion for music to Megan, because she'd honestly never shut the fuck up about it and try to transform him into Luke Hemmings or something.

"What? Prostitution?" Megan laughed a little, brushing her hair out of her face, "because you're not stealing my dream, because I think I'd make a very good prostitute, like I've had sex once probably maybe it was sex well I think it was sex therefore it is sex-"

"Megan, having a sex dream about Michael Clifford doesn't mean you're not a virgin," Ryan rolled his eyes, cringing at the notion of such a thing.

"That's not what I'm talking about." She said with a smirk.

Ryan decided it was better to drop the subject before it got horrific. "So... so people like have respect for me or something?"

"I wouldn't say respect, but..." Megan trailed off, her eyes widening as she caught sight of two men stood a little way down the corridor, "shit, is that... is that Frank and Mr Way?"