12: Brendon Isn't A Pedophile (He Promises)

Mr Way stood outside room sixty eight B just a minute before the bell for the end of the day rung, to put it rather bluntly, he was ambushing Frank, yes, but really what he was doing was waiting for him, because he was his ride today after all, and he had to make sure he got home safely didn't he?

Fuck, Frank was going to scream at him for this, he knew it already, and he couldn't even begin to imagine what kind of mood the guy could be in with the amount of fucking rumours that had gone around school that day, but still, they were just that rumours, and Gerard cared a whole lot about Frank, and no amount of rumours could do anything to challenge that.

As the bell finally rang, the classroom door burst upon, students practically sprinting down the corridor and out of school, only a few taking note of Gerard's presence, and perhaps raising an eyebrow, because everyone in school had their own little theory as to what could possibly be going on between Mr Iero and Mr Way exactly, of course, none of them were right because they were actually just friends, but Gerard liked to think he was doing them a service by giving people something to talk about at least.

A group of girls were the last to leave the classroom, deep in conversation, and seemingly startled to see Mr Way stood waiting. "Oh my god, Mr Way-" one of them began before another made a rather loud and obvious shushing gesture.

Gerard laughed a little, "I'm waiting for Frank, yeah." He watched as they looked at one another in extreme excitement.

"Good, because he's been upset this lesson and it's not like him." Another spoke up, before they seemed to run off down the corridor, blushing, Jesus Christ, fourteen year olds.

It was then Gerard realised, that it was his turn to be nervous and blush a lot, because now Frank had to be in there on his own, like unless he'd climbed out the window to avoid him or something, which Gerard kind of hoped hadn't happened, because okay, he was a bit uptight, but he wouldn't say his existence was so terrible that people would climb out of windows to avoid him.

"Fuck..." He let out a sigh, before just pushing the classroom door open.

Frank was sat at his desk, cellphone in front of him, lighting up with several messages, but Frank seemed intent upon ignoring them, just sat there, staring into the distance.

"Frank?" Gerard asked, closing the door behind him and making his way over to the younger man, "are you okay?" He asked, meeting Frank's gaze.

"Not really." Frank admitted with a sigh, wanting to turn away and scream something at Gerard, but he held his gaze, and fuck, even reached out, holding onto his wrist. "Max is pissed at me, you're pissed at me, Brian's pissed at me-"

"I'm not pissed at you." Gerard exclaimed, pulling Frank up and into a hug, "I'm anything but pissed at you," he continued, his words muffling into Frank's shoulder.

Frank pulled away a little awkwardly, desperate to hide how much he was blushing, but it really didn't seem like it was going to happen, "thank you, I'm sorry, I- I ask too much of you, and yeah, I'm kind of jealous of Brian, I want you to care about me the most... that sounds so fucking selfish, but-"

"It's okay." Gerard smiled, only then coming to realise that Frank was still holding tightly onto his wrist, and fuck, they were practically holding hands, "Brian doesn't hate you either, he really doesn't, he just, I don't know really, he just doesn't like that you have a boyfriend and we're so close."

"But it's fine, because we're just friends, Gerard." Frank reminded him, "did you tell him that?"

"Yeah, but, you know, I don't know how much of that he really listened to." Gerard let out a sigh, "what happened with Max, and your phone, all those messages you're ignoring, I assume they're from him-"