40: WE'RE GOING TO FUCKING FRANCE BITCHES

Thinking about it, Gerard had to admit that there was something weird in the fact that the day he'd be taking twenty kids to France for some sort of half assed, funded entirely on the basis of blackmail, school trip was what he'd call the best day of his life.

Thinking about it, it had much more to do with Frank standing next to him outside the world renowned, fabulous, Bertfield High School, at four in the morning as they waited for the kids to arrive so they could get on a coach to the airport to catch a six am flight across the fucking Atlantic Ocean, with twenty school kids, which included Megan Clifford, but thankfully not Ryan Ross.

There had been a lot of suspicion regarding the bomb disposal unit turning up in the middle of the school production, especially directed at Ryan Ross, because well he just tended to be responsible for these kinds of things, however, Mr Urie, as always had vouched for him on the basis of personal belief alone, saying that Ryan had been looking forward to the play for weeks now and wouldn't sabotage it for anything. There was however, suspicion that it had something to do with a certain romantic scene between him and Michael Smith that was altogether very questionable.

In fact, the whole school play had been very questionable, and really everyone was just thankful that it had been shown only to students and not parents as they probably would have gotten sued by at least four different people.

Anyway, after the bomb disposal unit had gotten there, and everyone had been evacuated to go stand outside of the school, and Mr Urie had stood around looking really pissed off because not only had his play been interrupted, but he was fucking cold as fuck, everyone had sat outside for a good hour, and the rest of the school day had been cancelled due to a threat to the safety of the children.

Mr Urie had been advised to send everyone home but he was very stubborn about finishing the play, which however did never happen, as the bomb disposal until did actually find something in their thorough search of the school (Mr Urie was very glad that he'd smoked all his weed earlier that day, due to stress related issues regarding the play). What they found, however, wasn't a bomb, but... impossibly weirder, as that afternoon, the bomb disposal unit had walked out of school with a man in handcuffs, who nobody besides Mr Urie seemed to recognise.

Mr Urie was then very quick to refuse to tell anybody what he knew about the man, and attempted to run back into the school, but the head of the bomb disposal unit was very insistent that he stayed there and that everyone listened to what he had to say as he explained the situation, which was that the school was free of bombs, but they had found a homeless man by the name of Bert McCracken who had been living in the space between the walls of the school for what seemed like several years now.

After looking inside the place he'd been staying inside the walls, rather near to Mr Urie's office actually, they'd found excessive amounts of drugs, the bed that Ryan had stolen earlier that day, a literal fucking live pet owl, and all the chairs that had been going missing from the maths department.

As the man was taken away for questioning, everyone looked absolutely horrified by the fact that he'd been living in the walls of the school for years now, except, Mr Urie and Ryan Ross, as Mr Urie had already made it clear that he knew something, and well, Ryan just seemed to find the situation amusing more than anything else.

The truth was that Mr Urie had been aware of Bert McCracken's presence for several years now, but had always thought that he was hallucinating his voice because he was high, but no, the guy was actually real and lived in the walls of the school, and he thought it was a shame that he was getting arrested, because from their conversations he was quite a nice guy really.

He'd even helped Mr Urie rename the school five years ago, because he was stoned and he fucking felt like it, but he didn't know exactly what name to go for, and at one point he'd gone to the bathroom and returned to see that the name 'Bertfield High School' was carved into his desk. Mr Urie hadn't even entered the possibility that a homeless man had climbed out of the walls to carve it into his desk, and had instead assumed that it was a sign from God or something and just accepted it as the new name for the school.