23: Ryan The Headteacherfucker

Ryan and Megan's window painting prank had been something that Gerard had viewed as a wondrous act of god, because he did quite honestly hate the absolute fuck out of Muddy Warter and seeing her cry was more than a little satisfying. Pretending to comfort her and give a shit was less satisfying, but that was what Frank was there - to be less stubborn than Gerard and care about other people and look absolutely obscene when he rolled up his sleeves so you could see his tattoos.

However, it hadn't all been wonderful - it had been joyous up until the very point in which Mr Urie had felt compelled to pretend to give a shit. He hadn't done a particularly convincing job, but Gerard had never expected much; he'd given Ryan the most bullshit pathetic warning he'd seen throughout his entire teaching career, and just looked at Megan and shook his head, and then had said something to Gerard about taking more care with who has access to the paint, to which Frank had argued that it was an art lesson and that it was ridiculous, to which Mr Urie had only raised his eyebrows, because he liked Frank. Whereas, if Gerard had said it, he'd probably have gotten fired- well no because that was paperwork, but Mr Urie might have briefly considered it, because Gerard was stubborn as fuck and also made absolutely no attempt to close his office door ever.

Mr Urie had just dropped it all and then insisted that Gerard clean the paint from his own classroom window, instead of Ryan, who supposedly should be focusing on being in classes and not out of them for punishments, which made very little sense to Gerard, as he could see that there was absolutely no hope of Ryan Ross acquiring any sort of qualifications in his life, ever, but then again, somehow, Mr Urie had gotten a job as a headteacher, so perhaps there was some hope for him.

Scrubbing paint off his classroom windows did fucking suck, though, especially when it wasn't his fault. At least it was on the outside so he could stand there and smoke as he did so, after school, when he should be making his way home to watch Netflix for four hours and pretend to be a productive human being.

Gerard was at least grateful for the fact that he was pretty much the only person who hadn't left school by that point, like seriously, even Lindsey had abandoned him, despite the fact that she apparently had agreed that it was bullshit, and that she apparently had a dentist appointment, which Gerard reckoned was bullshit, because he'd looked on her calendar that morning, because she hung it on her classroom wall and wrote everything on it, because she had a very poor built in sense of organisation. But at least when he was alone, Gerard could set up his laptop outside and play his Spotify playlist on a reasonably loud volume as he attempted to get this fucking paint off the windows.

Until, of course, he had some form of heart attack.

"Having a nice time?" The voice seemed to come from nowhere, and had thrown Gerard off completely: who had gotten somewhat lost his own little world of spite towards Mr Urie and Ryan Ross and Megan Clifford, and most of all, fucking Muddy Warter, because if she hadn't thrown the paint at Megan in the first place then none of this would have happened.

"Fucking Jesus Christ!" Gerard exclaimed, his eyes widening as he turned to see none other than Frank motherfucking Iero stood at the fire door of his classroom, watching as he attempted to scrub the paint off the windows.

"Sorry," Frank laughed a little, making his way over to Gerard and glancing up at the writing, before commenting, "could do with some capital letters," to which Gerard burst out into a fit of laughter. "What?" Frank exclaimed.

"You're such an English teacher," he groaned, still grinning as he pulled his arm around Frank, "with your fucking grammar and capital letters, man, you know I said I'd never talk to any of the academic subject teachers, but then, here you fucking go, with your shit."