29: Gerard Tells Frank To Get In His Bed And Take His Clothes Off

It was around half six in the evening when Frank made it to Gerard's: a bag of his most important stuff on his back, and every regret heavily suppressed, because this was both the absolute best and the absolute worst decision he could have ever made, but since he'd done it now he'd decided to go with saying it was the best and just hope that his life didn't backfire too dramatically.

He rang the doorbell and waited, biting his lip, fucking wondering if he should have maybe even just texted him before, giving him just that little bit of warning before Frank crashed at his house for an undefined and perhaps infinite amount of time, but it was too late for that now as Frank continued to bite away at his lip, wondering whether his lip would start bleeding before or after Gerard answered the door.

Frank didn't even know exactly what he was going to say to him; he was just kind of hoping for the best, hoping that gerard might understand, and well, the thing was that he usually did - perhaps that was why Frank found himself to be so attached to him, but of course, Frank had anything but the time to ponder the exact science of his entirely platonic relationship with Gerard, as finally, Gerard opened the door.

He appeared somewhat pissed off, as if answering the door had been the last thing he'd wanted to do, and maybe even as if he'd just woken up or something: hair sticking up at odd angles, and a sort of grey, tired tone to the skin under his eyes - what he was doing sleeping at six in the evening, Frank had no idea, though.

However, as soon as Gerard seemed to really process what was going on and that the man stood before him was indeed Frank Iero, his face shifted dramatically: his eyes brightening, and his posture changing as his face visibly flickered through about a dozen different emotions within the space of about sixteen seconds.

"Frank?" He exclaimed: his voice a little shaky, as if he was nervous somehow, finding himself generally confused by the entire situation, "what's going on?" He asked, managing to better steady his tone this time.

Frank let out a sigh, just looking up at Gerard, before uttering the most blunt form of the truth: "I broke up with him." He watched for a second as Gerard's face made evident of his struggle to comprehend just what Frank had just said. "Can I come in?" He asked, not waiting for a response before stepping past Gerard and dropping his bag to the floor as Gerard locked the door behind him.

Gerard bit his lip, taking a minute to sort himself the fuck out and deal with the fucking situation. "What happened, Frank?" He met Frank's gaze, glancing towards the bag he'd placed upon the floor and kind of forgetting how to breathe for just a moment.

"Nothing like what you might imagine. There was nothing major, he didn't do anything to me... it was just..." Frank trailed off, brushing his hair away from his face, "I just started really thinking about things, you know? Like... happiness, and I... I'm not happy with him. And he didn't react well, but he just yelled at me and told me to leave and well, I did and I'm here."

"You should have done that a long time ago." Gerard told him very matter of factly.

"I know." Frank nodded: not fussed with arguing with Gerard anymore, because, well, he was right.

"Come here," Gerard let out a sigh, pulling Frank into a hug, and holding the younger man much closer to his chest than was perhaps necessary, but the thing was that neither of the two honestly cared about anything other than one another in that moment. "I'm proud of you for doing it. It's not easy to just break up with someone."

"Yeah..." Frank trailed off, pressing his face into Gerard's shoulder, "it was just... just a thing... just a thing. That's... life though, isn't it? Things. And you decide what they mean to you."

Gerard shrugged, "I guess. I guess you're right." He pulled his expression into a smile and moved so he could meet Frank's gaze, "you okay, Frankie? Come on, be honest with me. I'd like to think you can talk to me about whatever you want."