Our Little Secret (Luke Hemmings) - Part 2

Start from the beginning

"And the fact that I'm sleeping with you has nothing to do with that?" you smirked slightly.

"It certainly helps," he chuckled, pecking your lips before you opened the door and went to the conference room where Charles was impatiently waiting.

"Nice of you two to finally join me," he said dryly while Luke closed the door behind him.

"You wanted to see us, sir?" Luke spoke. Charles simply gestured to the two seats across from him. You both sat down, your leg instantly starting to bounce in nervousness.

"You both know how important it is that the company maintains its good reputation," he began, "Unfortunately, it has come to my attention that that is becoming more and more of a problem."

Luke furrowed his eyebrows, "I'm not sure I understand, sir."

"Miss Y/L/N," Charles looked at you, "Are you or are you not sleeping with Mr. Hemmings?"

"I-I'm sorry?" you stuttered while Luke's jaw just dropped slightly.

"There's no use in lying, Miss Y/L/N," he shook his head, "I already know." He hit a button on the remote in his hand and you all looked up to the television mounted on the wall, watching a clip from a time you'd kissed Luke after bringing paperwork to him – and a rather heated kiss at that. Your heart started racing.

"You had a camera in there?" your voice cracked as you stared at Luke in shock.

"Y/N, I-" Luke's boss wouldn't even let him finish.

"Pack up your belongings, Miss Y/L/N," Charles said monotonously, "You're fired."

"F-Fired?" you swallowed, "I can't... You don't understand how badly I need this job!"

"Then you should have thought about that before you started sleeping with your boss."

"Who told you I was..." you trailed off when you notice him glance at Luke and smile. "Lu-"

"Goodbye, Miss Y/L/N," Charles said firmly.

You stormed out of the room, unable to believe Luke would do something like that. You actually thought you meant something to him; You actually thought you were more than just a casual fuck.

But clearly, you were wrong.

Luke never loved you; Luke loved his job. You should have known from the moment he asked you out that it was a ploy to get you to fall for him and eventually start sleeping with him.

And you believed him. You actually believed him.

~

Two months later

You were at a local homeless shelter – your place of residence for the last month and a half. But living in a shelter? That was nothing compared to all the rumors and the fact that you couldn't find another job. Your life had gone downhill so quickly that you didn't even have time to brace yourself for impact.

But what hurt more than all that was that Luke hadn't even tried to contact you. You obviously couldn't pay your phone bills anymore, but you hadn't gotten any visits from friends or family saying that Luke was looking for you or anything.

You hated yourself for still loving him, honestly. Even after everything he'd done, you spent night after night replaying the memories in your head just before you fell asleep. You missed him more than anything, but he played you; And, boy, did he play you well.

One evening, you were sulking around the city – as you usually did these days – on your way back to the shelter. You had spent most of the day at the park, just wanting to clear your head, when you caught a glimpse of a crisp black suit and the blonde hair you couldn't seem to rid your fingertips the feeling of. You kept your head down as you picked up the pace and entered the shelter, but it was too late; Luke had already seen you.