Chapter 30-Helpless!

30.Helpless!

This was the only time, I could get some alone time. I didn't have to worry about the animal-kids or just kids making noise or my family checking on me. I sat there a couple hours, just enjoying the sunshine; then Robi found me. She quietly sat beside me and didn't disturb me, but let me enjoy nature. “Hi sis,” I said quietly as I stared at the sky.

“Hello brother,” she mewed calmly; but she became silent again, allowing me to think.

“What do you want?” I inquired, still not looking at her.

“Nothing,” she mewed with a soothing voice.

“Then why are you here?” I asked as I finally turned to look at her.

“I just wanted to know where my big bro was,” she purred as she looked back with her cat eyes.

“You don't mind that I'm changed back and you're not?” I asked as I stroked her striped fur. It was odd of how we were siblings, but totally different cats.

“No brother. It is great to see you human again; plus, it will soon be my turn again. Don't worry about us because we animal-kids are fine,” Robi purred as she pushed her face against mine. “We have never had a voice as an animal, but you just lost your voice again. You needed to change more than any of the rest of us. You're the reason, we have this chance.”

“Let's fight,” I purred as I pushed her, but she just sat there.

“Brother, I may hurt you,” she purred and I was disappointed.

“Oh yea,” I tried chuckling, but I turned away as tears fell down my cheeks.

“What is wrong, bro? You should be happy,” my sister mewed as she rubbed against my legs.

“Everything! I'm not used to this!” I cried as I held out my hands and lifted a foot. “I feel helpless!”

“But you are not helpless! You are a great young man,” Robi roared confused.

“I'm no longer strong enough to protect anyone. I can't even change into a lion if I wanted to like Annie,” I sobbed as I walked a few slow steps away.

“Annie, didn't tell you?” Robi mewed as she followed on my heels.

“No,” I whimpered as I glanced back at her.

“She can't change anymore; but luckily she was in her human form, when it stopped working,” Robi mewed as she moved closer.

“Oh well, that is good,” I sobbed as I sat back down.

“What else is wrong?” she mewed as she laid down beside me, laying her head in my lap.

“I think I have been a lion too long. For sure, I have been a lion longer than I have been human. I will never be used to being just human. Never!” I roared as I scrambled to my feet and began to run, but I tripped and fell onto my arm. “OW!” I screamed as I got on my knees and clutched my arm.

“James, are you okay?” Robi roared as she rushed up.

“I don't know,” I cried as I pulled my arm tighter to my body.

“I better get help!” she roared as she started off, but she quickly stopped. “They won't understand me!”

“Go! GET HELP!” I roared in anguish.

“But James!” she mewed as she felt useless.

“No more buts! Just go!” I roared as the pain increased.

She sped off, but was soon back with John, Dr. Jason, and our father. “James, what happened?” my father asked as John and Dr. Jason lifted me onto my feet.

“I fell,” I cried as they slowly led me forward, being extra careful not to touch my arm.

“Does your arm hurt a lot, James?” Dr. Jason inquired; even though, I thought it was quite obvious.

“Yes, I fell on it,” I hissed as I noticed a car appear.

“Good. You're here,” John said to Anna as they helped me into car.

“Where to?” Anna asked quickly as Robi hopped onto the floor at my feet.

“The special room quickly,” Dr. Jason ordered and she quickly drove towards the hotel. We were soon at the hotel and he glanced at Robi as he commanded, “Get some of the animal-boys to grab the plank in hall.” She hurried off, roaring as she went and she was soon back with six young men, carrying the wooden plank. They helped John and Dr. Jason place me on the plank before carrying me into the special room. In there the men left, after they had placed the plank onto the x-ray machine. “James, hold still,” he demanded as he took many x-ray pictures of my entire body.

When he was done, he helped me into a chair before quickly receiving the x-rays. Pain surged through my arm; so I held it closer to my chest as I asked, “What is wrong?”

“I believe you have broken your arm and not just a little bit,” he replied as he pointed to the pictures. There were several cracks or gaps in my right arm. “Come James. You need to sleep,” he ordered as he helped me across the hall and into a small bedroom. I laid on the bed, ready to ask him a question; but he inject a small shot into my arm and my eyes quickly closed.