Chapter 18-New Circus Doctor

18.New Circus Doctor

John soon brought Ringmaster and the police into the tent. “Here is the victim. You can see where the whip struck him. We believe he died from a lost of blood,” John explained as he pointed to the multiple gashes.

Ringmaster sat down in the corner and I padded over to sit beside him. “Hello James,” he cried as he reached down and stroked my mane.

“I'm so sorry that this happened because of me, but your brother was a brave man,” I said as I rubbed against his legs. The police glanced at me strangely and I glanced back at them. “Hello Officers,” I greeted before I turned back to Ringmaster and told, “Your brother asked me to tell you that he loved you.”

“Thank you James, but now I have no doctor or anyone to help you,” he wept as he dug his face into my mane.

“Your brother has left everything in this tent to a friend of mine. He can be your doctor and he continued your brother's work,” I replied as I looked up into his sad eyes.

“He did? Your friend must be a great doctor then,” Ringmaster said as a small smile crossed his lips.

“He has helped me a couple of times,” I chuckled as I watched the police leave.

“James, they would like to speak to you,” John laughed as he glanced at me.

“Okay,” I purred as I headed outside.

“James? Can you please tell us what happened?” the first officer asked.

“Yes sir; plus, I can do even better. I can translate for the other two lions,” I answered before I told my part.

“Thank you James. We better leave now,” the second officer said as they hurried away, not letting me translate for them.

I hurried to find Dr. Jason, who was checking over Tim and Mike. “Dr. Jason, you should come meet the ringmaster,” I laughed as Tim and Mike purred.

“Okay James,” he chuckled as we walked to the doctor's tent.

“Sir, this is my friend, Dr. Jason,” I introduced as I sat before Ringmaster.

“Ah, you must be the doctor, who inherited my brother's tent,” Ringmaster cried happily and sadly as he shook Dr. Jason's hand.

“If you want it, sir, then you can have it; but if you like, I would love to become your new circus doctor,” Dr. Jason replied as he looked confidently into Ringmaster's eyes.

“I would like you to do that,” Ringmaster said as he sat down again.

“Yes sir. I would also like to continue your brother's research,” Dr. Jason said as he patted my head.

“That will be very appreciated,” Ringmaster said as he looked up at Dr. Jason. “I have also had another idea, but it involves your brother...” Ringmaster stood and was now face to face with Dr. Jason, “so let's meet tomorrow night in my trailer for dinner. James, you come too.”

“Yes sir,” circus Dr. Jason replied as Ringmaster left. “Well, James. This has been an interesting night,” he chuckled as he surveyed his tent.

“Yes, but the poor circus doctor. Why did it have to be him?” I cried as I padded out of the tent and back to Annie's trailer.

“Hello Dad. I have just finished the sleeping arrangements,” Annie told proudly as she let me in. “John is going to sleep with his brother in the circus doctor's tent; while grandma and grandpa sleep in the empty acrobat trailer. Mom and the twins shall sleep here with me,” she explained as she knelt beside me.

“Sounds good, my little cub,” I replied as a tear rolled down my furry cheek.

“Darling, why don't you stay here tonight?” Anna asked a she came over to me and kissed my furry nose.

“No. I should be like the regular lions, it is what I am; plus, Robi is in her cage. It just wouldn't be fair,” I answered as I walked towards the door. “Annie, come and lock me up.”

“But Dad, Robi is with her parents!” Annie exclaimed as she grabbed onto me.

“She is?” I asked shocked.

“Yes Dad. She wanted to and I decide where my Big cats sleep,” she laughed as she pointed to a nearby rug. “You are staying here.” I slept there in the trailer, surrounded by my dearest family.