Chapter 5-My Little Cub For Sure

5. My Little Cub For Sure

The next morning, Annie woke me with gentle tapping to my ears. “Good morning Dad,” she greeted with a huge smile.

“Good morning dear,” I replied before I licked her hand.

“What are the other cats' names?” she asked as she glanced around.

“The lion brothers are Mighty Mike and Terrible Tim. The other lion is Scaring Simba. The male tiger is Sensational Stripes,” I answered as I stared at my paws.

“I only see three lions including you; so who is Scaring Simba?” she asked as she looked for another; then her gaze stopped on me. “You're Scaring Simba!”

“Yes, I am,” I replied sadly.

“Well, I think you should be called Super Simba or the Most Wonderful Dad in the World!” she cheered as she stared into my eyes.

“Thanks dear. They will probably pick a name for you today like Alpha Female, since Louis, the big cat tamer, is Alpha Male,” I chuckled as I thought of how wolves used alpha to distinguish who was led, not lions.

“Oh, the Ringmaster picked it last night. I'm Little Cub. Don't you agree that seems fitting?” she giggled as she petted me again.

“Yes dear. Very fitting,” I purred.

“Hush!” hissed Killing Karen as she heard someone approaching. I fell silent and Annie stood as Louis appeared. He let us out and we followed him to the big circle cage. There he left Annie with a shorter whip and us Big cats.

“Dad, help me,” she quietly pleaded.

“Call us by name and tell us to come,” I whispered as I stood beside her.

“Okay,” she replied before walking over to a platform. “Killing Karen. Come. Up,” she commanded and Karen quickly obeyed. She walked between the next two platforms. “Terrible Tim. Mighty Mike. Come. Up.” They obeyed and now came the hard one. She stepped to the next platform and ordered, “Sensational Stripes. Come. Up.” He growled, but he obeyed. She walked to the center of the cage and demanded, “Dad. Come. Lie down.”

I walked to the middle totally confused. “What are you doing?” I whispered as she smiled at me.

“Trust me. Please tell them to jump through the hoop,” she pleaded as she glanced at me.

“Just tell them jump,” I purred as I laid there watching her.

She grabbed the hoop and walked in front of Karen. “Jump!” she commanded and Karen flew through the hoop easily. Annie repeated it with the others. Once holding it over me for Stripes to jump. Annie next hopped on my back and said, “Walk!” I carried her around the cage before she said, “Stop!” She hopped off before lining the others behind me. “Tell them to follow,” she told me as she climbed back on.

“Follow,” I roared and we all walked in a circle.

Louis soon returned with a lady carrying bunches of cloth. He studied Annie as she had us perform trick after trick; even those that he had never tried. “Good. Little Cub, that was wonderful!” he applauded as he walked into the cage.

“Thank you Alpha Male,” she replied proudly.

“Come with Lady Mee. She will get you your outfit,” he commanded and my daughter left. Louis then returned us into our individual cages.

“Your daughter is so nice,” Karen commented as she curled up.

“Daughter?” asked the brother lions.

“Yes daughter. I was a human or a two-leg once, but I was changed into a lion,” I answered sadly as I glanced away.

“Well, she is too nice,” Stripes hissed and I turned to look at him.

“She is cute,” Tim said and Mike agreed.

“What is her name?” Mike asked as he stared at me.

“Annie, but Louis calls her Little Cub,” I answered proudly and I heard Karen purr.

“Cute name and it fits her well,” Tim commented cheerfully. I laid down after that and fell asleep.