Chapter 2-Scaring Simba, I Think Not

2. Scaring Simba, I Think Not

The next morning a huge man woke me and put a rope around my neck. He pulled me into a big circle cage and released me from the rope. I paced a second before stopping in front of him with my teeth bared; then I saw the second man watching me carefully. I backed up so I could face them both before observing the second man. He is hair was coated in oil so it stuck back, while his eyes quickly scanned me as he began to circle me. His black cape fluttered behind him as he observed my unique body design. He stopped in front of me and I hissed. “You will be called the Scaring Simba!” he announced before he yelled to the big man, “Bring in Killing Karen!” The cape man left as the huge man led Killing Karen into the circle cage.

Killing Karen padded over and quickly rubbed her body against mine as she chuckled, “I see that they decided to teach you. Many lions and tigers come and go before they get a chance; so what's your name?”

“He called me the Scaring Simba, but I want to be called James,” I told sadly as I laid down.

“Well, you have to agree it is appropriate. You have the red mane and everything. Just so you know that was the Ringmaster. He controls the circus, but here comes Louis, our big cat tamer,” Killing Karen told as she hopped onto a platform. Louis was tall and very muscular. His black hair was crop close to his scalp, while his brown eyes held a steady gaze.

Louis carried a long whip and he stared fearlessly at me; even when I hissed at him. “Come Killing Karen,” he commanded as he pointed to the ground in front of him. She hopped off the platform and sat before Louis. “Come Scaring Simba.” I moved to sit in front of him, still baring my teeth. “Up!” he ordered as he tapped a platform. Killing Karen easily leaped onto it. “Down!” he demanded and she jumped down. He repeated it with me; before both Killing Karen and I were doing it together.

I was furious, when we were returned to the cages. Did he truly think we were stupid creatures? I glanced over at Killing Karen and she sweetly looked back. “Rest now, Scaring Simba,” she said quietly because the other cats were sleeping.

“It is James,” I declared as I looked down. “Did you understand what Louis is saying?”

“Sort of. It sounds mostly like gibberish, but I know what he means,” she answered confused.

“Can I tell you a secret that will seem hard to believe?” I asked as I placed my tail under my head.

“I won't tell. I promise,” she purred sleepily.

“I'm a human or a two-leg. I was changed into a lion when I was very little and I can still speak to them,” I mewed as she stared at me.

“Really?” she asked surprised. Her eyes grew huge now and she carefully kept her eyes on me.

“Listen,” I purred quickly before speaking in English, “Come. Up. Down.”

“You can! That is amazing!” she roared happily almost waking the others.

“Yea, but it is no use speaking in English anymore,” I told before I fell asleep.