Chapter 13-Lions Are Scared of Their Wives

13.Lions Are Scared of Their Wives

I entered and quickly sat beside Annie with my tail nervously flicking everywhere. “What is wrong, Dad?” she asked frowning. “Didn't the show go well? Or did you chicken out because of the crowds? I thought lions weren't scare of anything.”

“It went very well.” I looked at her and slowly said, “Lions aren't afraid of anything, but their wives. Your mother just saw me,” I answered as I stood and began to pace.

“Mom is here?” she exclaimed happily.

“Yes dear, but calm down. She saw me...me like this...and if she sees you like...that, she will take you away from me,” I cried as she tried to stand up. “Sit, my cub. You're still hurt.”

“The doctor said I was fine, Dad,” she declared as she sat down again. “See?” she said as she removed the bandages.

I looked at her little legs and noticed the scars covering them, but they seemed very healthy otherwise. “I'm so sorry that you are scarred, baby,” I said as I touched her nimble legs.

“Dad, it wasn't your fault and anyway, we match now,” she replied as she hugged me and pulled the rubber bands from my mane. “Now you look like my Dad!” she laughed as she hugged me tighter.

I heard a knocking and I yelled, “Who is it?”

“I, the ringmaster,” he replied.

“Come in,” I shouted and he entered.

“There is someone who would like to talk to you, James,” he said calmly.

“It is Mrs. Otter, isn't it?” I hissed in English.

“Yes; but if you don't want to see her, I can send her away,” he answered as he began to get nervous.

“Let her in, but you must leave,” I commanded angrily.

“Sure,” he replied relieved as he let Anna in before he left.

“Hello dear,” I greeted as I put an arm around Annie.

“Hello James. Hello Annie. How have you been?” she asked casually.

“Good, but we have been better. How have you been? Did you get John out of jail?” I inquired as she took a seat across from us.

“He is out and we all are fine,” she answered before she stared at Annie. “Annie, we were so worried when you left, but at least you found your father. Come on, Annie. It is time to go home.”

“I'm not going,” Annie cried before she ran out the door.

“What were you thinking James? Everyone saw you!” Anna screamed no longer able to keep in since Annie was gone.

“I was thinking the lion tamer was injured and the show had to go on; plus, I don't care that everyone saw!” I hissed in English.

“Who is the lion tamer?” she asked, apparently wanting to have a talk with the lion tamer.

“Our daughter,” I answered proudly.

“Annie is the lion tamer! How could you let her stay? She could have gotten killed!” Anna exclaimed as she jumped to her feet.

“I help her and protect her! Anyway, I can't stop someone when I'm locked in a cage and not supposed to talk! Yes, I told her to go; but I didn't want her to leave! She is the only member of my family that still wants me! No matter what I am or look like!” I cried as I stood and faced her; then I removed the shirt and pants because I felt myself changing.

“How come you trusted the ringmaster with your secret? You didn't trust me until after I was pregnant!” she asked angrily as she moved forward. I trembled as the changing began to mold me into a lion again.

“Because he saved Annie,” I answered as I finally changed. I looked into her eyes quickly and said, “If you will excuse me, I have to find my daughter!” I ran out the trailer door and to Ringmaster's trailer, where I found Annie playing with two little babies. I walked up behind her and purred, “Annie, I love you.”

“I know and I love you too,” Annie replied as she turned to look at my face.

Anna came running and she noticed her children playing together. “I should go,” she cried as she picked up the twins, named Pasha and Sky.

“Mom wait!” Annie cried as she ran up an hugged her. I feared Annie was going to leave me before she said, “I love you, but Dad needs me. He needs his family.”

“Be a good girl,” Anna wept as she went through the door.

“Mom, come and visit please!” Annie yelled as her mother disappeared from sight.

“Annie, I'm sorry that this happened,” I cried as I rubbed against her legs.

“I know Dad. I know,” she wept as she hugged me. “Can you carry me to my trailer and stay?”

“I can take you, but I don't know about staying. We have to ask the ringmaster,” I replied as she hopped onto my back. I ran all the way to her trailer, where we were met by the ringmaster and the doctor. “Hello, can we help you?”

“I have studied your blood against lion's blood and normal human's blood; and I believe I have figured out how to do the complete transformation for even a short period,” the doctor told proudly.

“Really?” Annie exclaimed as she hopped on the couch.

“Yes, and we want to try it,” Ringmaster told happily.

“Not today please,” I pleaded as I sat at Annie's feet.

“All right; but tomorrow, we must do it,” Ringmaster said a little disappointed as he and his brother left.

“Annie, I need to go and talk to Karen,” I told before I slipped out the door.