Chapter 23-Search the Circus

23.Search the Circus

“Ready?” she cheered, when I met her before the other animals' cages.

“Yes,” I replied before we hurried into the circle cage, where Anna and Annie were waiting. We practiced the show; then Anna put Tim and Mike away, while Annie had the staff bring us different animals. The staff brought us two black bears that were extremely friendly. “Hello,” I said in English.

“Hello,” replied the big bear happily, but the smaller one seemed puzzled.

“Do you understand me?” I asked in English.

“Yes,” replied the big one and Annie slipped a red collar around its neck before she took the smaller one away.

“Have you always been a bear?” Robi asked as she began to circle the black bear.

“No, I was once a human kid,” the big bear replied.

“What is your name here?” Robi asked as she stopped.

“They didn't give me a name, but I was called Jack before I was changed,” the black answered quickly.

“Okay Jack, will you follow me,” I said, when Annie returned and I led him back to his cage. “Jack, my friend will come get you later and we shall talk.” He nodded and I left to return to Robi.

Annie had the staff bring four brown bears and I quickly circled them before saying in English, “Hello.”

“Hi,” replied the two older bears as the younger ones stared blankly.

“Do you understand me?” I asked in English.

“Yes,” replied the two again; so Annie slipped red collars around their necks before taking the younger two back to their cages.

“Were you once humans?” Robi asked as she circled them.

“Yes, many years ago,” the older of the two bears answered.

“What were your names?” Robi inquired as she stopped beside me.

“I'm Sarah,” told the older one.

“And I'm Selena,” the younger one said.

“Annie, you can return them and we're done for today,” I told and Annie took the brown bears away. “Robi, have fun.” I hurried after the staff people, carrying Jack. I stopped in the room that they placed Jack's cage and the staff left.