Chapter 28-Are You Sure?

28.Are You Sure?

“Hello,” greeted Ringmaster, when we entered the circus tent. “Are you two going to perform the show for me?” he laughed as he stared at my wife and daughter.

“Yes sir,” Annie cheered as she grabbed Anna's hand.

“We will go get ready,” chuckled Anna before they ran off.

“Well, we better go teach our classes,” said my mother; then her and my father walked off, leaving me with Ringmaster.

“Hi,” I whispered.

“Hello James. Come with me,” he demanded as he offered me his arm. We walked to the circus tent and into a small dressing room. “Here, you may help with the show,” he said as he handed me the lion tamer's costume.

“Are you sure you want me to?” I asked as I put the clothes down on the desk in the dressing room.

“Yes, you know the routine. You can help you wife and daughter,” he replied as he closed the door.

I changed into the loin cloth and placed the bands on my arms and legs before I hurried to find Robi. She was sitting in her individual cage as she waited for the show to begin. “Hello brother,” she roared as I allowed her out.

“Hi sis,” I replied gloomily.

“So what did Dr. Jason say?” she mewed as I leaned against.

“That my transformation is finally complete,” I told as I glanced away.

“Oh; so he turned you into a human for a while?” she purred as she rested her head on my legs.

“Yes,” I said as tears rolled down cheeks.

“Then why are you sad?” she asked as she used her tail to turn my towards her.

“This doesn't feel right. I mean I don't feel like being a human is right for me,” I answered as I stroked her lovely fur.

“Hhm, maybe you are not changing back enough,” she suggested; then Anna and Annie came and released the many lions and tigers.

Annie climbed on Robi and Anna on Billy, while a male lion offered, “My friend, let me carry you.”

“Thank you,” I replied; then we paraded around the circus tent before entering the circus cage. The curtain fell around us and we waited. I glanced at my daughter and asked, “What are we going to do?”

“Well, there is twelve total; so Dad, you take Mike, Tim, Lily, and Cloudly. Mom and I will get the rest,” Annie whispered as she quickly hugged onto me. I nodded; so when the curtain rose, we each told our four what to do. It was a fantastic show and all the people rose to their feet as we left.

“James! You were great!” cheered Anna as we put the Big cats away. I wasn't thinking correctly and I began to get in my cage too, but Anna laughed, “Come my dear. There is a bed, waiting for you.” She led me back to the hotel and into a room with a sign that held my name. She give me some pj's before pushing me into the bathroom to change. When I came out, she had be lay on my bed before she tucked me in. “Goodnight dear,” she whispered as she kissed my forehead. I didn't want her to leave, but nothing came out as I watched her walk out. My eyes held her form until I finally fell asleep.