Chapter 48: Don't you remember her?

Start from the beginning

I move my hands onto his chest, trying to gain balance as the train halts abruptly to a stop. My whole body jerks forward slightly, causing me to o crash into Cato. He laughs atmy clumsiness.

"Oops!" Leven says and giggles cutely.

The train doors open and we emerge. There is no grand celebration, no loud obnoxious scream, no fangirls. My family and Cato's are the only ones at the station for us, and over that I'm happy.

They snow has covered here more then any of the other districts. I sneeze loudly.

I hear Roni laugh and then I see her running towards me. She's wearing a short black jacket and skinny jeans underneath. Her dirty blonde hair is tied up messily into some form of a bun. She looks beautiful, even though her skin has a small few flaws and imperfections. Her eyes are lit with happiness and warmth. But it's her nine mile smioe that says it all.

Kalen shortly follows in his big puffy orange jacket and his big black pants. He looks like a pumpkin. There feet crunch against the snow which sends shivers down my spine.

They reach me at the same time and smother me in a warm embrace.

"Clover!" Kalen giggles loudly.

"Oh Clover, I missed you so much!" Roni informs me.

"Roni, Kalen! Oh how I missed you both. I love you so much!" I tell them.

"You were great Clover!" Kalen assures me with his pearly smile. I grin back at him.

"You were so pretty! I was so jealous! Clara made all your curves shine and oh you were perfect!" Roni tells the world by yelling.

"I'm so glad yer okay!" I sigh in relief as I pull away and gaze at their beautiful and innocent faces. Yes, the possibility of them being killed had ran through my mind multiple times since District 11, but I kept it to myself.

"Of course we're okay!" Roni says, but confusion clear on her face.

"Silly Clover!" Kalen scoldes.

"You both, me and Cato, movie, warm blankets and fire, sweets, tonight after the dinner eh? Sounds good?" I ask them.

They nod their heads rapidly. "Great!" I smile then I look up and see Izabelle and Hayzelle standing over me.

"Izabelle!" I half scream and release my tight grip from Kalen and Roni. I envelope her fragile body in my arms.

"How are you?" I ask her warily.

"I'm great thanks! You were amazing! I cried during Districts 1 and 4!"

"She really did!" Hayzelle joked. I smile and take in her swollen appearance.

"You've gotten bigger!" I say in shock as I take in her huge stomach.

"Yup, this little girl is ready to pop!"

"Two months left, right?"

"Mhmm, I'm so excited like! Some sun breaking through the dark clouds that we've all had recently."

"I agree!" Roni says. I ruffle her hair and then pick Kalen up on my back. Brutus is already gone and Cato his hugging his Mom while talking to his dad and Oakley.

That's when I finally take in the stunning scenery. There is a foot of snow easily on the footpaths and the middle of the tracks. I heavy blanket covers the top of the train. Even though it's 10am, the sun is only peering over the Justice Building now. It highlights the sky a magnificent yellow and thick grey clouds flood the rest of the sky. Delicate, unique, beautiful snow flakes dance down, swirl down until they land on the floor. The buildings in the near distance look a rich grey, makng everything look so fabulous.