10*Count Down.

This is no longer Summer break. It is now Spring break.
Speaking of Spring break, who's seen the film Spring Breakers?
***

Waiting is horrible. And that's only the understatement. The clock is ticking so slowly, it's almost killing me. I watch the clock, waiting for the long hand to struck three. For the last few days, I've been counting down the hours until I am free from school and stress and is finally allowed to relax and loosen up since I've been twice as stressed lately.

"Come on." I hear Travis mumble and I smile, happy that I'm not the only one who's impatient.

"Alright, now turn to page 73 and do section 2." The teacher demands and we all groan in frustration. I glance back up at the oak clock and sigh, wanting to bang my head onto a brick wall.

1 minute.

Fuck my life, I think.

"Miss Gold, why aren't you doing the task?" She snaps and I glare at her, silently counting down in my head. Her eyes narrow down at when when I don't reply so she crosses her over her chest. "Well?"

"Because I don't fucking want to." I retort and she gasps in shock, everyone snickering at her expression.

15 seconds.

"Miss Gold," She growls furiously and I snicker at her flushed tomato looking face. 5,4,3. "Go to the-"

The bell rings fiercely, pupils jumping out their seat while the teacher tries to calm them down. I calmly pack my bag and and stand up from my seat before facing my teacher, who seems like she wants to kill us all.

"I'm sorry Mrs," I smirk at her glaring face. "What is it you wanted to say?"

I raise my eyes and she frowns, still glaring at me. "Yo, Paris!" I look away from Mrs and watch Travis call me over.

"Gotta go Mrs." Flashing a smirk at her before pushing past her and hooking my arms through Travis'.

"Have a fun Spring Break." I sing and Travis chuckles. I look at him with an innocent smile. "What?"

"It's Spring Break." He replies with a grin as we walk over to where are friends were hanging around in the car park.

"Hey!" Quinn and Rose squeals, hugging me. I roll my eyes and they begin to talk about our plans for break. Even though it might only be two weeks of holiday, my friends always have everything planned each day so this will be an eventful holiday.

"Guys!" I shout. All of them stop talking and gaze at me as I cross my arms over my chest with a playful grin on my face. "You know what this means?"

"Beach, Sun and Fun!" Quinn screeches happily and we all laugh as she jumps around happily.

"Let's go." Jay suddenly places his arms around my shoulder and I frown at him. "What's first, Queen?"

He grins at me and I cock my head to the side. Ever since our date a couple days ago, Jay has been in such a good mood but he hasn't tried anything. In fact it seems as if he's friend zoned me but low key still flirt with me.

"What's got you in a happy mood?"

"Someone kissed me. I've been waiting for a long time for that kiss." He replies and I smirk, flicking my hair over my shoulder in pride.

"Nice to know I have that effect on you."

We all walk towards our cars. The girls talking about clothes and makeup to take to the condo and the boys talking about the hot girls and parties. Jay smirks back at me as I open my car door and slip inside. He peers at me over the car door with an unreadable glimmer in his eyes.

"Babe, you don't even know what effects you have on me." I frown as he closes the door, shoves his hands in his pocket and stalks away from me, towards Travis' car.

The list of what we want when we get to the condo:

•What Quinn wants: A tan.
•What Rose wants: A hot boy (her words not mine).
•What Leo wants: To party.
•What Travis wants: A girl or one night stand (He's fine with either).
•What Jay wants: (Hasn't told me anything).
•What I want: Jay (But I'll never tell him that and he'll never find out).

I tuck the list in my blue book, where all my confessions are, and stuff it under all my clothes in the luggage. If Jay found that list and saw what I want, I would be dead. Better for him to stay away from me from now on. I sigh and rest my back against my bed as I think about Jay and I.

When did I ever become a selfless person?

I groan and place my head into my hands. The answer is easy. When I met Jay. I'm an emotional mess, my feelings all over the place and I'm hoping that this trip will change the way I feel. Spring break may only be for a short amount of time but most people go full out. Frankly, it reminds me of Spring Breakers and now that movie was crazy, I remember watching it with Quinn last summer after having a heavy hungover the next day.

"Paris?!" I hear Rose shout my name and I quickly grab my sunglasses from the vanity, lift up my suitcase and bag, before descending downstairs.

"Will you be okay?" Dad said as he lifts my suitcase into the boot of Quinn's G-wagon.

I kiss his cheek and hug him. "I'll be okay. You get some rest."

"I love you sweetheart." He murmurs in my hair, holding me in a tight embrace that I rarely get nowadays.

"Love you too, Dad." I untangle myself from him and enter the car. "Bye!" I shout as the car drives off and my dad is speck in the distance.

"You ready?" I look at Quinn and Rose, grins playing on their lips.

"Hell yeah." I yell and we laugh as we drive to the boys house, no idea of what this Spring Break has in store for us.

••••
Edited 6.3.17
So if I didn't make clear at the top, this is no longer Summer but Spring Break instead where everything in the next few chapters will be crammed into the space of two weeks.

Get excited for an early update.

LMB