7*Challenged

At lunch, the tension around the courtyard risen when I walk over to my table, my tray filled with a Diet Coke, salad and a chocolate cake to lift my mood. My friends seem to be in a heated discussion but as I set my tray down, they begin to lower their voice.

"What?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

"Nothing." Travis takes a bite in his apple, turning his attention to Leo.

I give him a weird look and take my seat beside Quinn. "What's wrong?"

She exhales and looks over to me, forcing a smile on her face. "Nothing's wrong. But do you remember two years ago?" She lowers her voice so only I can hear.

"Yes." I frown.

"Remember Blake?" I nod again, confused to where's she's heading. With a glint in her eyes, she sips on her drink and says. "He's back."

"He is?" I smile happily, almost jumping up from my seat in joy, and Quinn rolls her eyes.

"Yes, you idiot."

"Who's an idiot?" Jay asks, taking a seat besides me.

"You." I snap, his presence annoying me, and he smirks, taking my apple that was on my tray and biting into it.

"So, are you going to explain to me what happened in first period?" He asks, swallowing the fruit, and I sigh.

"What do you think happened?" I retort, sending a disgusted look to the boy.

"That was your ex, wasn't it? And Sara did something ruin your relationship." His eyes search for an emotion in my eyes but I remain blank as I nod my head. "He cheated on you, didn't he? Then you ruined his life as revenge."

"He cheated on me, I ruined him." I reply, curtly. "It's called karma, something I'm very good at."

Jay frowns, looking at me with some type of pity or concern. It doesn't matter. What matter is the fact that he's acting as if he cares when I know he doesn't. He leans forward, licking his lower lip as he places the apple on my tray.

"So why should affect you now?"

"You don't get it do you?" I seethe, flicking my hair over my shoulder. He scowls at me and leans back, unhappy with the way I'm talking but I'm unhappy with the way he's interfering.

"Then make me get it."

"He fucking cheated on me, you won't get that because you would just do the same thing."

"And you don't?" He retorts, making me shrink back slightly when the truth hits home. "You sleep around with guys, I sleep around with girls. What difference does it make? Is it the fact that guys can hide their feelings better?"

I glare at him and grit my teeth together. "Not only guys."

He chuckled bitterly. "Then tell me what makes you so different to me, Paris?"

"She's a Queen." The voice sends shivers up my spine and a smile softly makes its way onto my face as Jay looks up. "Blake Avery is the name."

"Aye, Paris' playboy is back." Travis hoots and Leo elbows his on the side and he hisses in pain. "Ow, man!"

"Quinn, move over." Blake orders, his voice deeper than the last time I saw him.

"Blake, stop ordering people around." Quinn mocks and I stifle a laugh, playing around with my salad.

"Shut up." He snaps and Quinn chuckles as she moves over, allowing Blake to sit next to me.

"Hey, princess." I scowl at him and he chuckles, tilting my head so that I can face him. "Welcome back kiss?"