Royal-Chapter 35

A new chapter!  I did post a preview of my new book but won't be officially posted again until this one is over. Sadly which will be soon. But thank you guys so so so much for getting to me to 5k. I'm just over the moon. 

Please vote, comment and share!!!

XOXOXOXO

Enjoy reading

(PSA: I didn't do spelling check. Sorry)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Veronica. How are you? Stealing anyone's boyfriend have a promising effect yet?"

"Mason was very promising if you ask me. And him , all those twenty something times. Maybe thirty. We were just going at it like horny dogs."

Smirking, I have waited for this moment to put this bitch in her place. Flipping my hair to the side exposing my mark. " oh so all those times you were going at it did he mark you."

Slapping my hand over my mouth like I just revealed the biggest secret I tried to hide my smile. "sorry, that slipped.  But anyway thanks for keeping him company while I wasn't there, but your services are no longer needed."

I watched as her face went from a smirk to a frown and back to her angry face. It was pure delight.

"Where the hell do you think you're  going? "

"Well I was going to my mom's. I'm the birthday girl! But then I decided that I didn't care enough to go see her so I was going back home."

"We all know that's bull shit" She grabbed my arm and lead to to where I was just coming back from.

"Owe. Stop gripping so hard. Mason wouldn't like that. " saying that wasn't the smartest idea because she gripped harder.

"When Alpha Dan finds out that you were trying to escape he will end you."

Remembering what Nate said, I had to act normal as possible. "He can't. He needs me to get into the palace and fight my brother."

"That's what you think. We have your mother." She laughed. A nauseating feeling was making an appearance.

"I need to puke." I pleaded

"Shut up. Start walking." I was starting to learn I had a low tolerance for handling the hard truth and my liquor. I dumped my insides right on her. A small shriek had various of lights from the houses around us flick on. If they were to call the guards I will be finished. That made me even more nervous. Running in to the woods, I tried to remember the path of the water fall. But every time I got five feet ahead I would stop to vomit.

"Give me a break." I screamed in particularly to no one.  Once I reached the river I threw my phone over.

Ok now what. I knew that Veronica had told people where I was going. Thinking on my feet I had to make it back to Mason's place. As far as I'm concerned nobody saw me and my blood could still be lingering here from earlier today so it wouldn't be that big of a deal.

Trying my best to stay as quite as possible I was playing a game with myself. Hot lava. As a child Ian and I would hop on pillows trying to avoid the ground which was the hot lava. But as of right now I was the only thing keeping me from getting burned. I mover across the forest trying not to step in dried up leaves and sticks. It was harder than you can imagine.

Picture yourself trying to be stealthy as a cheetah while trying to run away from what ever eats cheetahs. It's almost impossible. You want to be fast but one slip up can cost you.

I kept thinking about what would I have done as a kid. Then it hit me. Tarzan! Use the trees. I wasn't very good a jumping around from pillow to pillow like Ian was as a kid but I was pretty a damn good at climbing all sorts of furniture. There was a moment in time I thought I was a bear shifter. Good with climbing trees, can pack a lot of food and sleep all day.

I wiped the sweat off my hands. I didn't need my scent to be that blatant. I began climbing silently screaming for every time a bug ran past my fingers.

"Keep it together. Keep it together!" I began to slither from branch to branch. Hearing the grumbles from underneath made me jump a little.  When I got closer and closer to te house the euphoric feeling was overwhelming.

I hoped in  the  window that was left open in Mason's house. From there I silently creeped from the south hallway to the north to where Mason's room was.  The creaking if the wooden floor made me want to pull my hair out.

"I'm trying to be stealthy here!" I whispered screamed to myself

"Well you suck at it"

I let out a loud ear piercing scream. "Holy shit. Holy shit.  I think I'm having arrhythmias." I clutched on to my left boob where my heart was located under it.

When the light flickered on and Gage stood there with his arms crossed I let out a shaky sigh.

Better than Alpha Dan, not as good as Mason.

"Where were you?"

"I was outside. Getting fresh air."

Gage scoffed. "Fresh air with a cell phone?"

"It's Mason. I don't even know where the hell I am so don't worry I didn't snitch. I missed my friends so I called. It's my birthday."

"I heard. Sorry that your party got canceled but we need to move." He tried to grab me but I moved back.

"I'm not sorry. Jessamine is a secret devil and her minions are horrible. I wasn't going to give them any satisfaction."

"Good for you. Really I mean it, be we really have to go." Gage grabbed my waist, not in a forceful way but caring.

"Where. To go fight my brother? My moms all over that. Why do you need me?"

When we reached the staircase I saw all my bags already packed. "Who told you that?"

"Veronica. She also revealed so many things about her and Mason."

"But you don't care, because your done with him right? Out with the old , in with the new." Gage smirked

"Maybe? I'm indecisive, you can't trust a word that come out of my mouth." I laughed.

"Same." We got to the front door and my mother stood with Alpha Dan. Now that Veronica told me the big secret, I didn't have to pretend I don't hate her guts.

"Baby we are going to go see your dad and brother. They want to take us , I know this must be a hard time for you-"

Cutting her off I place my fingers on her lip. " They say the devil can take many forms. I have met a lot in this one place alone, but to think you are added to the collection is a surprise."

Alpha Dans face turned into a straight line.

"Honey what are you talking about." My mother tried to hug me but I slapped her away.

"The one good thing about being eighteen is that I can cut all ties off with you. Consider your self officially cut. The only reason I'm not telling you to burn in hell is because you gave birth to me and I respect that."

Facing Alpha Dan "thank your precious Veronica for telling me your secret plan."

I pushed past the both of them Gage walking closely behind me.

"I'm going to do you a solid because you did me one on the first day I came here. Back there I said I met a lot of Devils but what you don't know is I'm the biggest one. Save yourself before it gets ugly."

I got on the plane convincing myself that whatever happens is for the good of my people. "I was a different person for here on out."