Royal- Prolouge

A/N: I won't have authors notes a lot I just wanted to formally introduce to the book to you guys. Have fun reading and I'll try to have two chapters a week.

(Mason - Beta: up top)

Vote & Comment

UPDATE: I WAS 15/16 WHEN I BEGAN WRITING THIS BOOK. THERE ARE MANY ERRORS AND THE WRITING IS VERY JUVENILE. SO JUST KEEP THAT IN MIND AND THE INTENDED AUDIENCE WHEN READING
——————————————————

"Do you know what it means to be a Royal. You have power in your blood. You take pride in that." My father's voice boomed as the conversation got more heated.

"I don't wanna be a freaking Royal anymore. I'm tired of being tied to the crown. I wanna be normal!" I screamed back at my father. If he wanted a screaming match I was all for it.

"Amara watch your tone" my mother warned. My eyes were turning fiery red as well as my dads.

"You are disappointing me, young lady. You are spitting on our name and I will not have that. Go to your room now. "

"B-but"

"No buts!" He screamed causing me to jump. I looked over to my mother as she was becoming blurry as the tears filled my eyes.

"You'll never get it. I have no friends. I'm pathetic and it's all your fault!"

"Amara!" My mother hissed. "Don't say that, you're not pathetic"

"Dad, please. Just let me go to the states. I wanna do this. I can do this"

"Get out of my sight. This conversation ends now. Your brother is having his big ceremony tomorrow that's all that's on my mind."

"No that's all you have room for!" Stomping up the stairs " Cause you have to have a freaking penis to get anything you want around here!" I began to run up the stairs. Reaching my room I slammed my door with all my might so my father could hear my anger. I began to cry in my pillow. All I wanted to do was go to the States for a year to be me. Find my own path. Why couldn't they understand?

"Mars? Are you ok"

"Go away Ian"

"I'll talk to dad if that makes you feel any better, and I'll get mom on board as well. Stop crying please." My brother came over picking me up and leaning me on his chest in a protective way. "I got you, Mars. My dream is coming true and I'll make sure yours will too. I'll talk to them."

"T-they d-don't t-trust meeee!" I cried harder.

"That's not true. It's just that you're their little girl and if anything happens to you they won't forgive themselves." Calming myself down I began to speak.

"I'm 17 years old. They're being sexist and I'm not standing for it. If I have to fight them till I'm 18 so be it, but I deserve this."

"Yes, you do." My brother pulled my face away from his tear stained chest. Looking me in the eye. "I'm going to talk to them right now ok. Just calm down and sleep it off. Tomorrow everything will be A-ok"

"Promise," I said in an almost whisper tone.

"Promise. I've never let you down and I'm not gonna start now." We crossed our pinky sealing the deal and my brother left in a hurry to go confrontation with my dad. I slowly doze off. Tomorrow was going to be a good day anyway I told myself.

"It would be even better if I get to go" I muttered before I was sent in a deep sleep.