Royal-Chapter 28

Just a little something. I honestly wanted to include Mason in this, just a little. So he got his own small POV.

Anyway you guys are amazing for giving me votes and telling me you enjoy the book and not to mention adding it to your reading list. I just appreciate it. But.......I could use some creative feedback because I am between a rock and a hard place. I have written three versions of chapter 29 and I might have to change my epilogue if I go one route which I think you guys might enjoy. But you might hate me at the same time, but I guess I'll have to figure it out on my own. Anyway I will post Hybrid character list soon. I really wanted you guys to be apart of the decision but I haven't got any suggestions so I'll just go ahead and post that next time when chapter 29 comes out.

Once  again thanks so so much. Please continue to vote and comment as well as sharing the books with friends.

XOXOXOXO

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mason's POV

"Hey! Stop it. Your dad had to pay a lot of money to get this dress made for me." Veronica nagged when I pulled her in closer

"Fine. Fine. I guess I'll just have to keep my hands to myself." Peeking from the conner of eyes I could see her rolling her eyes.

"Oh! How will I live without you Mason! I mean I could try.....no that wouldn't work. If you left me I would just die" she uttered sarcastically.

Snorting I continued to lead her to the grand dinning hall. My body began to tense as a familiar smell was coming into mind. But I couldn't be. Amara was gone. I left, not looking back.

"Mase? Are you ok?" Veronica and I paused. She brought her hands up to my face to cradle it. Suddenly I was missing Amara's hand. Her snarky little remarks and that smug smile she gave when she was right.

"It's probably nothing. I just thought-well there's a scent that I can't pin point. It doesn't matter, let's go meet these Royals and get this night over with."

She nodded in agreement. Two guards opened the door swiftly and my heart dropped. My hand seemed to cling tighter to Veronica's.

I watched as her face went from excitement to pure sadness. Realizing that it was her. Here in the flesh I began to pull my hand back.

"Amara?" I said louder than I expected.

"Mason." She dropped her head before she could finished my name. He body dropping into the seat.

"I need to leave! I need to leave right fucking now! Gage! Gage! Take me out of here. Jessamine please?"
Tears poured out of her face. Her mother dropped to her side cradling her but Amara pushed her away.

Every step I took toward her felt like knifes were being stabbed into my feet. When I came close enough that I could reach out my hand and touch her she went on a rampage. Grabbing all the silverware. Throwing them across the room. The one elegant wine glass turned it to a shatter piece of nothing. Gage and another guard pinned her down , eventually dragging her out of the dinning hall.

"D-don't hurt her!" I ordered.

My father had an all to smug look on his face. While on the other hand Veronica looked defeated. Once again I managed to rip out her heart once she just patched it up.

"Mason. Tsk tsk tsk. I think we need to have a little talk. Alone." My father emphasized the alone part.

The walk to his office was dreadful. I kept turning around thinking that Amara might be in trouble. That she might need me. How much explaining I would have to do to get her trust back.

"Get in here boy!" My father was more cheerful than I expected. " I want to know everything you know about Amara. How do you know her? Her weaknesses? Strengths? How to make her dance like my little puppet?"

My fist clenched the way he talked about her. "She's not you puppet to do what ever with. She has no weakness. She's stronger than you can imagine and she won't let you do this without a fight." My body relaxing a little the more I talked about her.

"I knew it! The girl she is your mate! Ha! " my father rummaged threw his desk before pulling out a mirror. "My boy the way your eyes gleam when you talk about her gives it all away. The marriage will go so much smoother. "

He bounced back into his chair before he sat up again with sudden discomfort. "But at last , you broke the poor girls heart. If we want true freedom for our people you must apologize and win her love again. Give my love to Veronica but she is no longer your priority. Her stuff will be moved out of your quarters and in a week Amara will move it. You have a week my boy! Do what you do best and woo her."

I slammed my fathers door open. Numbness becoming this overwhelming feeling I couldn't shake.

"What have I done?"