|Chapter 62|

-3 months later-

Jonah and Matthew sit in their bouncing chairs, looking at the animated television show intently. I sit there, watching them watch the television show. They are 8 months now and everyday it seems as if they are starting to look more and more alike, and it's not helping that they look like Tobias. Zeus and Hercules sit right there beside them, one on each side, their mouths agape as they stare at the television as well.

Tobias will be home late tonight and I already did dinner, I made casserole and I went to Moroni's for some cheesecake because I was totally craving it today. Tobias is working harder with Gabe, he's been in more fights and does really well, so Tobias tries to spend a lot of extra time with him so be will be better than the best.

"I'm so hungry." I mumble to myself, getting up off of the couch and I go to the kitchen. Just as I reach for the bag of chips, I hear the front door opening. That's when I hear his deep voice and it brings a smile to my face, "Hi baby!" I greet my husband when I walk from out of the kitchen.

"Hi beautiful." Tobias smiles, grabbing my hand, pulling me close to his chest tightly and dips us, kissing me hard on the mouth. I burst into a fit of giggles as Tobias kisses my cheek rapidly.

"What was that for?" I ask as he pulls me up to stand on my feet still pressed to his chest.

"Nothing, I love my beautiful wife and I was happy to see her when I walked in to our home." He kisses my cheek and lifts his two sons out of the chairs kissing them both on the cheeks. "I didn't forget you guys either. I'm starving." He says.

I give him a look, "You. I'm starving." He leads the way to the kitchen and sits the boys in the bassinet, "I made casserole." I put on some oven-mittens and pull out the hot dish.

"Great." Tobias says as I dish up some delicious food for us to devour in.

+++

My feet carry me up the grassy, small, hill with Jonah attracted to my hip with his cute bucket hat on that he keeps taking off. Tobias follows behind with the picnic basket, baby-bag, and Matthew in his arms. When we reach the top where the large tree sits, I unfold the blanket quickly and help Tobias with the things. Hercules and Zeus trailing not too far behind.

We set up the food and I put the bibs on the boys, "This is going to be great, Portland couldn't give us better weather." I tell Tobias as I look through the picnic basket until I find the large bowl of applesauce. I grab the plastic spoon and I stir it briefly before I feed some to Matthew.

Tobias and I thought that it would be a great idea to have a family day here at the park, but further away from the commotion. We really need it, to be together as a family for once without any worries, "Agreed." Tobias pulls out the sandwiches from the bag. I multitask, feeding myself, the boys, and hold a good conversation with Tobias.

After lunch, we all lay down on the blanket. I have Matthew on my chest asleep, with Jonah on top of Tobias, staring at the people down the hill playing. "Let's recap the last 5 years." Tobias says moving his hand until it's holding mine, Jonah shifts on my chest and buries his face into my breast, "Hah, just like his dad." I roll my eyes at him.

"Continue."

"Oh yeah, the last five years. Well, honestly, it's been a handful. We got married, had a great honeymoon-" My face falls and I frown instantly.

"I I had the miscarriage." I glance down at my sleeping son, "But that's okay because we came out with two great human beings. Go ahead."

"Your parents came to visit, then they left. You fell pregnant with our beautiful sons, we got deeper into our dream jobs, attended Christina's wedding, you had the boys, you preformed for Tori. We went to your parents house, and now, here we are, together as a nice family. Spending time together." Tobias finish.

"That's right. I'm so glad that I met you, it might seem cheesy, but let's just sit here and think. What if I didn't move to Portland and meet you?" It gets silent, I can't even think of that because I'm glad that it didn't happen. I take Matthew off of my chest an he whines for a bit, searching blindly for me. I sit him on his stomach beside me and I lean over him, pressing a kiss to my husband's lips. "I love you."

"I love you too, always."

And that how it is. Tobias and Tris, living in the state of Oregon. A family of 4. A group of amazing friends, a new family. When I first thought that nothing left was for life and I was going to end up just like Susan, or if I stayed alive I would become like my family. I had to get out of there, "Tobias, I had to realize something. It's not just the fact that if I stayed in Chicago, I would have killed myself, but I would have become like my parents. When I first came here I knew I had to have a different life, and I am glad that I did." I confess.

"And I'm glad you came here too. . .Blondie." He jokes and I can't help but to laugh.

There are so many good qualities of living here in Portland, but also there are some bad things. The good out weighs the bad, and thinking about life, if I would have kept Susan alive, things still would have been bad. I would have been the Outsider.

_

The end.