|Chapter 37|

"Tobias! We are going to be late!" I say unplugging the curling iron out of the wall as Tobias slips on his shoes. We are going to my doctor's appointment and find out the genders today. I am so excited to go see the babies and what genders they are. I look at myself in the mirror and let out a sigh, I have on a pair of black maternity skinny jeans, a black blouse, with a matching black blazer and knee high black boots. The weather is finally warming up but someday's it is still cold and of course us being the windy city, the wind that comes is, is freezing. Anyways, my hair is in a high low curly ponytail and I have on minimum make up with a touch of lip gloss. 

"I'm ready." Tobias says grabbing our phones, he hands me mine and he shrugs on his jacket as we leave the apartment. We take the elevator down to the lobby and nod our head at, Gregory, the man who opens, close, and watches the door. Once we go through the door and go to the car that is parked in the street instead of the parking garage, we head off to the OBG/YN clinic. 

On our way there, I watch the scenery pass thinking about life and how it changed drastically in one year. One moment Tobias calling me 'Blondie' demanding refills on shots and now, we are driving to the doctor's where we go to find out the gender of our babies. 

"Penny for your thoughts?" Tobias chuckles squeezing our laced hands together as he keeps the other steadied on the steering wheel directing us to our doctor's office. It is located in the calmer side of Chicago. . . there isn't really a calmer side but I do know that it is way calmer than where we are living at, I like to see squirrels run across lawns and people greeting their neighbors. We don't have that. 

"Just thinking about life," I say and he nods his head and gives me a quick glance. 

"Any regrets?" He questions with a smile on his face, I turn to look at him staring at his beautiful face structure. I give him a warm smile that radiates with love and I squeeze our conjoined hands back. 

"None." I answer proudly because there aren't any regrets or changes that come to mind. 

+++

"Tobias, I'm so fat." I huff swinging my legs back and forth as I stare up at the ceiling in one of the rooms. We are waiting for Dr. Parrish to come and it's taking forever, Isabelle, who is one of my favorite nurses gave me instructions to lay on my back with my shirt sitting under the curve under my breast so that when Dr. Parrish comes in he can give me the ultrasound since she already took my weight, temperature, and blood pressure. I did gain three pounds, which adds on to the other two I gained earlier this week. 

"You aren't fat, love." He says looking up from his phone with a little sigh, "You are just simply pregnant, and for you carrying twins, you look amazing. Most people say that." He says and I give a weak smile placing my forearm over my head, just hurry up Dr. Parrish, damn an ultrasound doesn't take that long. 

"Knock, Knock." Dr. Parrish jokes as he opens the door holding the same clipboard that he always does and Isabelle is right behind him. Dr. Parrish mutters something to Isabelle and she mutters something back. Isabelle sets up the ultrasound cart while Dr. Parrish sits in the rolling chair. "How are you feeling Tris? You look great to be sixteen weeks pregnant with twins." He says and I hear Tobias grunt at me, almost like to say I told you so. 

"I feel okay, I've been feeling much better now that I am in my second trimester." I answer and he nods his head with a little smile. 

"That's what most women say." He says and I nod my head, he addresses Tobias and asks how he is doing and then turns his attention back to me. "Now, this appointment will be different than most because we are now in the second trimester. This one we will know the genders, to look for any concerns, and how they are growing." He says as he simultaneously types things into the ultrasound computer. "Have you felt the babies move yet?" 

"I just felt stuff like, something sploshing around inside of me. I just thought it was gas or something." I say and he shakes his head at me with a little chuckle. 

"No, those are the babies moving. You won't feel a kick until your sixth month maybe but all pregnancies are different and how they grow." He says and then hits what looks like the enter key on the ultrasound cart and stands up placing a towel at the lower part of my belly. 

He puts the goo on my stomach and asks Tobias if can cut off the lights, the ultrasound picture lights up brightly and the sound of our babies heart beat are heard throughout the room, I coo and squeeze Tobias' hand. They look like the shape of large eggs in my belly. 

"They seem very healthy and is growing at a good rate, for their genders. There are no major concerns but I do want to go ahead and tell you from seeing what I am seeing, which isn't bad. But, to please watch your stress levels, there is a rare disease out there for pregnant women called; Preeclampsia. That is when your blood pressure is high and there is a high level of protein in the urine. That can cause bad things for the babies and yourself. Other than that, would you like to know the genders?" He asks and I swear I feel my heart leap out of my chest, I look to Tobias and he nods his head at me. 

"Yes." Tobias says and I squeeze his hand while he asks Isabelle to confirm the genders, he knows the genders he just wants them to be one-hundred percent. 

"Congratulation guys," Isabelle and Dr. Parrish say at the same time like it's some type of routine. "You are going to have two healthy baby boys."