|Chapter 11|

A/N: This chapter continues in Tobias' Perspective.
-
-
-

The view that's in front of me is horrifying, Tris lays in the bed terribly pale with an IV stuck in her wrist transfusing blood into her body.

She is laying on her side facing the window, asleep. There is an electrocardiograph monitor to sense her heartbeat that is steady and strong.

"I'll go get her doctor." The nurse says as I slowly walk to my wife's bed. I nod and grasp her cold hand.

"Tobias?" She croaks as soon as our hands connect.

"Yes?" I say with tears forming in my eyes. "I'm right here."

I sit in the chair by her bed and kiss her hand and she runs her other hand through my hair with a chuckle.

"I missed you." She says with a tear rolling down her face.

"I missed you too." I say also crying, mixed emotions running through my rigid body. It's just all clashing together, now that I'm out of my state of shock I can now comprehend what's happening.

Even though we were less than 200 feet away, and she was unconscious, we still missed each other. Anything could have happen in that hour, anything. It's nice to know that she's conscious and able to physically say stuff to me.

I just don't know how she's feeling internally but I know externally, she looks pretty good. Minus the paleness.

There's a knock on the door then a Doctor walks into the room, a female with short blond and brown hair. She has on royal blue scrubs with a white coat and is holding a clipboard.

"Hello, Mrs. Eaton. I'm Dr. Jones How are you feeling?" She asks with concern on her face making us worried.

"Fine." I hear Tris say, I can tell she's lying and just want to hear what happened to her.

"Tell me how you really feel." Dr. Jones says leaning on the edge of the sink looking up and down on her clipboard.

Tris sighs, "Just some abdominal pain."

"Lower?" Dr. Jones asks curious as she writes on the yellow paper.

"Yes." Tris says after a while of waiting.

"Alright, well what happened to you was. . . you had a miscarriage. It seems like you was under a certain amount of stress and also consumption to certain drinks and food. Also, excreting yourself to a certain extent." Dr. Jones says and my world spins, waves of anger, worry, and sadness hits me all at once taking my body into the deep end. Never letting me escape.

Tris sits there, not blinking once. She just stares off into space, no emotion whatsoever in her eyes or her face. . . she's just blank.

"They were twins and you were about three months and two weeks. Since you were so early in the pregnancy there were no information coming back on the sex of the babies. But, most of the doctors are saying girls because usually you can tell if it's boys for obvious reasons, even in early stages once the genitals are formed."

"I'll, uh, leave you alone for a few minutes and I will be back with more information." She says and stands up, "Sorry for your loss."

And with that she leaves the room that's filled with sadness and tension.

"I killed our babies." Tris says coming out of shock.

"No Tris, you didn't. We didn't even know, it's no body's fault." I say and give her a hug and I can feel her body shaking with tears as she clings on to my body.

"The gangs here." I tell her as I kiss her forehead and she sighs into my chest.

"I don't really want to see anyone right now." She mumbled into my chest.

"Okay." I reply, respecting and granting her request.

+++

"Hello, this is Caleb Prior. I'm sorry I couldn't reach your call at the moment, but, please leave your name and number. Hopefully, I will be able to return it."

"Hey, uh, Caleb. It's me, Four, I had to take Tris to the hospital around two in the morning or so. She was bleeding heavily and she ended up having a miscarriage. You need to call her, she's your sister, and she's taking it really hard. At least let her hear your voice." With that, I hang up the phone.

The gang left about twenty minutes or so and I gave my house key to Christina so she can bring us some clothes, even though I don't know if Tris can be released just yet.

Christina is going to bring it sometime around lunchtime, with hope to see her best friend.

I dial Tris' parents number next and like Caleb's it goes straight to voicemail. So, I decide to leave them the same message I gave to Caleb.

I walk back into the hospital, all the way into the back. I turn a few corners and take the elevator to the sixth floor where my wife lays.

I go to her room and see her curled into a ball, asleep. I take off my slides and get on the bed with her, warning her up with my body temperature.

"I love you." I whisper and kiss her forehead softly.

I don't know how Tris is going to be able to get through this, she thinks she killed them even when we all knew that Tris wasn't pregnant, but now we know she is. . . well, was.

I don't know if this is going to change our life, I don't know if we're even going to try for more kids, I don't know if things are going to be the same.

But, I just know that we will be aware next time of using protection and checking her periods. I know my wife, and I know that she's taking this hard.

But we just all have to have good spirits, not bad ones, and help her get
out of this deep, dark, abyss she's currently in.

I know that eventually she will pull through it, and be the same old Tris.

-
-
-
A/N: Guys, I hope you enjoyed this chapter, I just literally came back from vacation. New York, somewhere that we usually go to.

Times Square was turnt! My feet hurt! Plus, I got a cool Shirt!

We went to Carlos' bakery shop, the Cake Boss show guy's shop. Yeah, it was pretty good if I could rate the sweets it would be 7/10.

Lol, we even did an escape room and now I'm home, sadly, I had fun but now it's back to business.

Luv y'all

✌️and ❤️

Stay Dauntless!!