|Chapter 3|

{Tobias's Perspective}

Crap, Crap, Crap, Crap.

What in the hell am I going to make Tris for dinner tonight? I really don't know that much except for pasta which gets way overused.

I need to find something really good, of course I want to please my fiancé and not give her something boring because, Tobias Eaton is not boring.

During my teenage years during high school I thought I would never find someone as special as Tris. I mean, like she was made just for me and we met and fell in love, slowly then all at once.

When I left Chicago to get away from my abusive father I went to Portland, Oregon where I met Zeke and his brother. We all became close friends and when Tris came here in the diner for her job I instantly fell in love the way she talks, her smile, her confidence, her gracefulness, her bluntness, her kindness.

And, well I guess what I'm try to say is I love everything about her. I could go on and on about her perfect thing about her, big and small.

I tried to hide my feelings because I didn't want to come off desperate when I had a girlfriend so I turned into Four and didn't treat her like Tobias would.

But once I saw guys actually hitting on her and complimenting her I took that as a sign that I had to talk to her, fast.

But, now we're together and the reason why we fit together is we both came from broken backgrounds. We can comfort each other but not give pity, we know when to stop.

That's why I love her more and more each day.

+++

"Dude, why don't you just do the old, order the food and throw away the containers?" Zeke says over the phone as I look through the fridge to find some ingredients hoping something miraculously would happen and I would actually get an idea.

". . . No." I say shaking my head furrowing my eyebrows. "Tris isn't like that, trust me she will know the difference between my food and the delivery."

"Well, when is the last time you made her something? Just make that." Zeke says and I sigh running my head through my hair pulling it, nervous habit.

"No, we are not having cereal and toast tonight." I say deadly serious and Zeke burst out laughing over the phone making me hold it away from my ear.

I roll my eyes when he starts to actually breathe again.

"No, like the last time you made her something?" He says and I think about it "Like actually using a stove." He adds.

"Pasta, but that's overused all the time. I'm not doing that." I say with a sigh sitting at the island and Zeus starts barking.

"Shh. . . I'm on the phone." I say

"Well, go online and look for some recipes, Shauna needs me. Hope all goes well." Zeke says as chipper as possible.

"Thanks Zeke, bye." I say

"No problem, bye Four." He says and hangs up the phone and I walk towards  the bedroom grabbing my laptop and going to our library/office and I start my laptop up going to Google.

You could never fail with Google.

I search, Romantic home cooked meals, different links pop up and I click on the first link and I look at the different meals and one catches my eye, Chicken Milanese with Spring Greens.

I instantly pop up looking through the fridge. I find salad stuff, chicken, cheese, eggs, and vegetables. Perfect. I go to the pantry and I find breadcrumbs and rice.

I wash my hands and I start to put the oil in a pan and let it warm. I cut the chicken and season it with various seasonings from the recipe adding a few more for my taste. I dip the chicken in the egg then the breadcrumbs.

I put all the pieces on chicken in then pan letting it sear. During that I chop celery, onions, and carrots. I cook the rice the add the vegetables, I flip the chicken and I start to clean the lettuce placing out and cutting more vegetables out.

I take the chicken out once it's finished and let it rest and then I mix the rice and I clean up my mess, Tris should be here in about thirty minutes.

I set the table putting a black table cloth on the table with red and white roses in the middle with a red and white candle on each side.

I set out the plates with silverware. I put the wine in some ice to be chilled. I set out wine glasses and I make the plates setting the silver platter covering and I spray some expensive spray around to make it smell good.

I rush to the bathroom to take a  quick shower. That took about ten minutes, only twenty to go. I get out drying off and I slip on a pair of black skinny jeans, and a black sweater and some nice dress shoes. I comb my hair and I spray some cologne.

I brush my teeth and I let out a deep breathe, I can't believe I got all that done in less than an hour.

The door opens and I hear Tris humming Hurricane by Hasley.

I walk out and see that she is stunned with the scene in front of you. She smiles brightly and I give her a hug and peck.

"I told you I would make you a dinner." I say as I shut the door behind her.

"I didn't doubt you one bit." She laughs with tears in her eyes.

"You did all this for me?" She says wiping her eyes and I nod.

"Only for you." I say and she smiles and gives me a long, appreciated, sensual, kiss.

"Let me go put my stuff down. I'll be right out." She says and I nod she leaves the door and I pat myself on the back.

Job well done Tobias.

She returns in five minutes with a beautiful red long sleeve dress that has an open back and gold buttons going along the back which stops at her knees.

Her hair is loose and her make up is touched up from today with darker red lipstick and she has in gold heels that aren't loud and demanding attention.

"I thought I should dress up for the occasion too." She says walking towards me and I kiss her lips and I wrap my arms around her.

"We should really eat before the food gets cold." I mutter against her soft lips and she nods and I sit her down and push her to the table.

I open the blinds so we have a nice view of the city skyline and I make sure the dogs are behind the gates and I play some soothing music and I sit down too.

I open the lids and she smiles brightly.

"You did a very good job." She says grabbing my hand smiling.

"Thanks, let's eat." I say and she laughs.

+++

2 whole bottles of wine and three hours of conversations we are really relaxed now and laughing about just anything.

We finished our food at least an hour ago and we are just talking and laughing, enjoying each other's company.

"So." Tris laughs brushing her hair out of her face smiling. "What's for dessert?" She says her voice slightly a slur due to the consumption of the wine.

"Well. . ." I say, damn, think Tobias. I forgot about that. I hold up one finger to her and she kids grabbing her wine glass and I go to the kitchen grabbing whipped cream, chocolate sauce, and strawberries.

"I was thinking we could make our own ,sweet, dessert." I wiggle my eyebrows at her hoping she gets my drift and she remains silent with a playful gleam in her eyes.

I turn my body towards the bedroom and she smiles slightly I turn my body back to her and she shoots up dashing towards the bedroom and I chase after her laughing while the dogs bark.

These are the times that I am so grateful for dishwashers.

-
-
-
Hey Guys, I hope you are enjoying this story. More drama to come and the next chapter is start out with Tris point of view. Just letting you know.

Stay Dauntless.